Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Possible for grant access not see my payment info and see my recordings?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
lclindgren
Follower
Follower

Hi All,

A few units in my neighborhood have recently been burgled, and my landlady asked for my opinion on some camera/security systems.  At my recommendation, she ordered the Arlo Pro 3,  and mentioned she would pay for any costs to have them installed (I did it myself instead), and for Arlo Smart as long as anyone is renting the place. We came to the conclusion that for both our privacies, she shouldn't be able to see the camera recordings, and I shouldn't be able to see her credit card information. However, since setting up the system, I have not been able to figure out how to add someone on to the account who is able to have payment privileges, but not camera viewing privileges. Is that even possible?

TL;DR: Landlady wants us to have Arlo cameras with smart. She doesn't want me seeing her payment info, I don't want her to see my videos. Is it possible to set something like this up?

Best,

L

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That isn't possible - the primary user (the one who sets things up) will have to arrange for the payments through his login. The best you may be able to do is to use your card with the understanding that she reimburses you for it, perhaps by lowering the rent by that amount. There may be more creative ways to do this that others can suggest or that you can think of.