Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pay an additional smart plan cost for Doorbell since limit of 5 cameras with Q and Ultra?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
exilepa
Follower
Follower

Currently have an old legacy Arlo Pro system and have been just using the 7 days worth of storage for free along with a thumb drive plugged into the base for storage.   

I'm currently looking at upgrading to the Ultra system on sale at Costco and also getting the Arlo Doorbell as well.   My plan is to use the Arlo Smart that comes with both, however, I've noticed that the limit on cameras for $10 a month is 5.   I want to use all 4 of the Ultra cameras and then setup an Arlo Q that I already have to record in door as well.   Will I now need to pay and additional smart plan cost for the doorbell as well since I'll be at the limit of 5 cameras already on a smart plan?  Just trying to get a full understanding of my monthly costs before staying fully in the Arlo eco system.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any cameras that were introduced before the Ultra still have the same free 7 day plan. Unless there's a real reason for the use of Smart for your Q camera, I would just use the 5 camera plan for the 4 Ultras and the doorbell (assuming it's the video doorbell). If you really need Smart on all, just purchase the single camera discounted add-on so all 6 are covered.