Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not receiving notifications or video when Arlo system is armed with Smart Subscription

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
GiJohn
Aspirant
Aspirant

My system has 5 cameras attached and I have an Arlo Smart subscription for one camera.  On October 16th I had a live chat with Arlo support because the camera with the subscription would not send notifications or video when the Arlo system was armed. The other four cameras functioned normally. What seemed to fix this problem was to remove the camera from the subscription, delete the camera from the system and then re-sync the camera back into the system. About 7 days later it happened again so I performed those same steps and that fixed it. It happened again last night (October 25th) so this morning I tried something different, what I did was take it off the subscription and put it on “inactive camera” status for a few minutes and then put it back into “active” status and this seemed to solve the problem. So what I’ve figured is whatever is happening only affects the camera that has the subscription. All my other camera’s function normally. I had another Live Chat this morning and was basically told they could not help me.  In two weeks I will be subscribing to the Arlo Smart Premier subscription so I can have ten cameras active as I will be away from this location for a period of time. Is there something that can be done to fix this situation so it does not happen any longer?  I've currently canceled the subscription for that one camera and right now the system is normal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GiJohn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JessicaP

The case number is 41228775.  However I was contacted by level 2 support yesterday and I believe at this time my issue is resolved.  The camera affected is a Pro 2 and apparently having activity zones (more than 1) causes that issue as once I removed them the problem stopped.  I was told it was a known issue to Arlo and that a fix was being worked on.  Thank you anyways for any help you would have provided.

Have a Great Day!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey GilJohn,

You mentioned that you contacted the support team regarding the issue you have with not receiving notifications from your Arlo Smart-Add On Camera. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

GiJohn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JessicaP

The case number is 41228775.  However I was contacted by level 2 support yesterday and I believe at this time my issue is resolved.  The camera affected is a Pro 2 and apparently having activity zones (more than 1) causes that issue as once I removed them the problem stopped.  I was told it was a known issue to Arlo and that a fix was being worked on.  Thank you anyways for any help you would have provided.

Have a Great Day!