Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not enrolled to 1-year free plan for Arlo Ultra

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Yrahcyz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got Arlo Ultra 3 Cam Kit in Hong Kong in mid-July. However, I was not able to enroll into the 1-year free Smart plan. After I contact the CS, he recommended me to pay the subscription fee first and then he will refund me with the charge subsequently. However, I got an update from CS today claiming after their internal review, they were not able to refund me with the subscription fee. 

I feel like I was cheated to pay the annual subscription fee (which should actually be free for the first year) with a false promise from Arlo. Are there any users that have encountered similar experience as me? I am feeling very disappointed with how Arlo treat their customers. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yrahcyz,

I've escalated your support ticket. An agent will be reaching out to you with a status update soon.

JamesC

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Yrahcyz wrote:

I got Arlo Ultra 3 Cam Kit in Hong Kong in mid-July.

Did you buy and install in Hong Kong?

You cannot buy in one country and install in another.

Here is the official response from @JamesC, in the middle of a discussion about the same thing:

Solved: Re: Arlo Ultra - Smart Plan - Arlo Communities

The free 1 year plan is only claimable in the country in which the system was purchased.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Yrahcyz
Aspirant
Aspirant

My concern here is that they checked my account and ask me to subscribe and paid first and promised to refund me on the annual fee. However, they have now changed their position and refuse to refund which is basically not acceptable. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yrahcyz,

Do you have a case number I can reference for your support ticket? I'd like to take a closer look at the history of your case.

JamesC

Yrahcyz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Dear James,

The case number is #40989286. Thank you for your kind assistance.
Yrahcyz
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC May I kindly follow up on the status? It has been a week already. Thank you. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yrahcyz,

I've escalated your support ticket. An agent will be reaching out to you with a status update soon.

JamesC

Barto123
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did not get offer for 1 year free of Arlo smart after purchasing alro ultra kit. Please assist.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Barto123 wrote:
Did not get offer for 1 year free of Arlo smart after purchasing alro ultra kit.

Do you live in one of the countries listed here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/countries.aspx ?

Another aspect is that the subscription is only available if you deploy the system in the country that you purchased it in.

If you do live in a country where the subscription is available, and also purchased the system there, then try contacting support. https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Barto123
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes live in the US, bought in the US at Costco
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Barto123 wrote:
Yes live in the US, bought in the US at Costco

Then of course you should be seeing it.

Do you have a support case number?   @ShayneS - is this something you can help with?

Barto123
Aspirant
Aspirant
I do not have a support case number and would appreciate help. Thanks
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Barto123

Did you have an existing subscription or an account before purchasing the Arlo Ultra?

Barto123
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes apparently I did. When I tried to create an account it said I already had one, though I don't recall creating it and I never had an Arlo system before
Davzet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have bought a Arlo Ultra Kit and need support to activate my first free year of Premium subscribe. I have Arlo Pro Cameras and an account since a couple of years back (david@gullmarsudde.com).

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Davzet

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support