Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
MikeLloyd
Guide
Guide

I've never really been satisfied with my Arlo system due to the excessive lagginess. But ever since purchasing an Arlo smart plan ("Arlo smart add-on monthly special"), it's been even more useless. I have a base station with two Arlo Pro 2s. At first, after enrolling in the plan, I had no notifications and no recordings. But after removing and re-adding one of my cameras from the app, everything came back and was working but with standard notifications and no smart notifications.

As of a week ago, I have no notifications at all on my back yard camera and only standard notifications on my driveway camera. My backyard camera is added to the active list in Smart Notifications but when I try to add my driveway camera, I get a message "User not enrolled in plan." I tried removing the backyard camera from the list but it still gives the same warning for the driveway camera.

Please help me fix this issue so I can use my cameras. I'm seriously thinking about ditching the whole system and going with something else.

15 REPLIES 15
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi MikeLloyd,

Have you tried going to Settings > Smart Notifications and moving the camera you would like to receive Smart notifications to "Inactive Cameras" and back to "Active Cameras" to see if that helps?

MikeLloyd
Guide
Guide

Hi Jessica. Thanks for the response. I have tried that with the backyard camera and nothing seems to be any different. It still gives no notifications and does no recording. I ran the motion detection test and it is picking up motion.

I have an email from about a month ago after I called tech support showing that one of my cameras has been registered (the backyard camera which I can add to the active list but still doesn't record anything). This is strange since I've been using the camera for almost 2 years now. And also, my driveway camera was not listed as registered on the email and I cannot add it to the active list because of the error I stated in my first post. I think that might have something to do with it.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

You mentioned that you contacted the support team, let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Robert86
Guide
Guide
Hi, I have experienced the same problem since Saturday. All of sudden my front Arlo Pro 2 camera has stopped recording and sending notifications although the camera works fine when live. The camera is active to the smart adds-on plan (I pay £1.99 per camera). However when I looked at the smart notifications I noticed the camera was oddly not included although active in the plan. Therefore I tried to add it back on and the amber message saying “User not Enrolled in the plan came up”. Note everything worked just fine until Friday. Also, I have another Arlo Pro2 camera at the back of my garden and everything works just fine. It’s a very frustrating situation, I paid for a rather expensive tool and yet it doesn’t fit the purpose of the service. I tried the reboot option of the base, disconnect and reconnect router, delete and add app/devices back again. Nothing changes.
Please kindly ask for your help ASAP!
Robert86
Guide
Guide
Hi, I have experienced the same problem since Saturday. All of sudden my front Arlo Pro 2 camera has stopped recording and sending notifications although the works fine when live. The camera is active to the smart adds-on plan (I pay £1.99 per camera). However when I looked at the smart notifications I noticed the camera was oddly not included although active in the plan. Therefore I tried to add it back on and the amber message saying “User not Enrolled in the plan came up”. Note everything worked just fine until Friday. Also, I have another Arlo Pro2 camera at the back of my garden and everything works just fine. It’s a very frustrating situation, I paid for a rather expensive tool and yet it doesn’t fit the purpose of the service. I tried the reboot option of the base, disconnect and reconnect router, delete and add app/devices back again. Nothing changes.
Please kindly ask for your help ASAP!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Robert86,

Have you tried contacting the Support Team so they can further investigate this issue? You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

vcampos
Tutor
Tutor
Same issue here. Just noticed it on Friday.
Robert86
Guide
Guide
I did try to speak to the local support Team via phone but after having waited for 10 min, the Music disappeared and no one answered at the end which I thought the line must have dropped. I tried again, same story. So no, I couldn’t speak to anyone. Even on a chat no response. I have cancel my Arlo smart subscription and then re activated again as I thought to give it a try but still nothing. I get those odd notifications like leaves or wind etc if I select every option within the smart plan. But it will not pick a person...what’s the point of paying for such an expensive tool if it doesn’t work??
vcampos
Tutor
Tutor
I just got off of chat with Arlo. It seems the reason my cameras are not working is because Arlo decided to change the plan, to a more expensive plan of course. My plan was the Arlo Smart which was $30 bucks a year and allowed five cameras to be added. Seems it only covers one now. My renewal is due December 6, 2019. Now you have to add a plan for each camera at $30 a pop for the Smart plan or you can select a different expensive plan that covers more cameras. Not right especially for people that have been here for a while. Maybe I missed something?
Robert86
Guide
Guide
That’s strange..I just re activate my Arlo plan and the price for both camera was not changed vs what I had before. My plan was renewed just on Wednesday last week and it was working very good until Saturday last week when I realised there were no notifications from one of the camera. It’s then I noticed the camera was not added to the smart plan...hence why I rejoined from scratch and made sure both cameras where included...can’t get hold of anyone on the chat
vcampos
Tutor
Tutor
I went online, selected my Basic Smart plan, clicked on Change and it gave me a list of my cameras I would like to activate. I went through the whole billing process. I then logged off my Arlo phone app and logged back in and now my camera is working.
MikeLloyd
Guide
Guide
vcampos,

I'm glad you found a solution. If I cancel my plan, I'll lose the promotional pricing I have right now. Tech support wants me to pull my cameras down so we can re-link them. This is annoying because I can never get them pointed the same way after doing this. I don't have a lot of confidence this will work since multiple others have had the same problem and you just fixed it without going through that hassle.

If I take these cameras down, I'm not putting them back up. Maybe I just need to go with a wired solution.
Robert86
Guide
Guide
Both my cameras are now working as they should..the difference is that now I don’t have an Arlo smart plan. Once I cancelled the £1.89 a month per camera which is the Arlo Smart offer, notifications and recordings from both cameras started coming through. Any help from Arlo Tech Support Team to fix this? I would like the Arlo Smart plan back but who is going to reassure me that this time I won’t have any issues? Help please..thanks
DavisGTP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello im also having the same issue. If i unsubscribe from arlo smart they start working again. 

Tiva65
Aspirant
Aspirant
Im having same issue. Smart notifications never worked for me. It keeps saying user not enrolled. Its been 3 weeks that I raised this issue with support and still no solution.
I tried cancelling subscription and joining again twice, no joy.
I tried removing and adding cameras, no joy.
Tried on desktop browser, no joy.