Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Recently, Arlo released new subscription plans for Arlo Smart. Please join Greg Falgiano, director of product management for software services at 11AM PT this Thursday 01/16/20 as he shares the highlights of this update and takes your questions about the new Arlo Smart subscription plans.

Greg will be answering questions in this Arlo Community discussion thread from 11AM PT to 12PM on Thursday 01/16/20.

Bio Pic.jpg

Greg Falgiano is the Director of Product Management for Software Services at Arlo Technologies where he is responsible for the company’s Arlo Smart services business, program management and key partnerships. Prior to Arlo he worked in the consumer electronics and IP phone industries. Throughout his career, he has held roles in Product Management, Channel Marketing, Marketing Communications and Business Development.

We look forward to having you join the conversation!

Thank you!

73 REPLIES 73
ChrisInUK
Star
Star

@Arlo-Greg 

Where is this option to address incorrect alerts because there is nothing in my library section on both iPhone or Android?

I'm forever getting alerts saying a bush is a person.

Arlo-Greg
Arlo Employee Retired

@Nancy_L wrote:

I am adding to my previous post.  I have 4 Arlo base stations because of the way I purchased my cameras over the years.  So, this means I can have 4 My Arlo accounts with 5 free cameras per account.  I really only want to use one base station because logging out of the Arlo app into all the different base stations is a pain.  I wanted one $9.99 up to 10 cameras account so I could just open the app to one account.  It might work to use the app for one base station if you could actually log into your My Arlo account using a web browser on your phone.  That does not seem to be allowed.  Bring back the old rate plan for us "old-timers"! Please.

@Nancy_L  For accounts with higher camera count, you can consider one of our business plans. These are structured to focus on number of camera and length of cloud recording.

dmatt56
Star
Star

Even though I'm a 2+ year customer, I was not allowed to get a 10 camera smart plan when I tried to sign up. I was not grandfathered as a early adopter of Arlo Pro 2. 

@Arlo-Greg Can you help get me on the 10 camera smart plan?

Keep 10 camera base for all users.  otherwise, you create inequality and an angry customer base.  I don't want to buy more cameras or smart plan if you might change it again. 

dan_LI
Star
Star
If you have many base stations you can share to main account..so you see all cameras
Arlo-Greg
Arlo Employee Retired

@ChrisInUK wrote:

I have already posted a question but now have another after checking the Arlo.com site and checking the plans section... According to the two plans you can only have Arlo Ultra on a 4k plan yet I have the free trial for the Ultra Hub currently and that's at HD or 2K at most so why yet again for high prices when I'm happy with it as is.

@ChrisInUK you can add Ultra to any of our plans. Note our new Elite plan is the one that offers 4K recording. You can choose to just add an Elite single cam plan if you like. With our new plans, you can mix and match plans to support cameras with different resolution.

Arlo-Greg
Arlo Employee Retired

@Thawk59 wrote:

Does that mean that I can buy up to five additional cameras and get Arlo Smart as an annual plan for 10 cameras at $99.99, if I bought my base station 60 days ago (VMB5000)

@Thawk59 If you have a 10 camera plan today and like the plan, you can keep the plan. If you do not have a plan today, you can choose from one of our currently available plans. If you have more than 5 cameras on your account, you can also consider our business plans that focus on camera count and length of cloud storage.

Nancy_L
Apprentice
Apprentice

Apparently I am not clear about what I need.  I only have 8 cameras that I want to run off 1 base station and one MyArlo account.  I own 4 base stations just because they were part of the camera kits I purchased.  I have been using the free storage plan with two base stations.  I decided it was not worth the effort to have to log out of one MyArlo account into another so I was going to purchase the $9.99 a month plan that would run up to 10 cameras.  I don't need a business plan just the $9.99 10 camera plan that was advertised with my camera purchases.  The new Smart plans have features my cameras can't even use.

I am adding to my previous post.  I have 4 Arlo base stations because of the way I purchased my cameras over the years.  So, this means I can have 4 My Arlo accounts with 5 free cameras per account.  I really only want to use one base station because logging out of the Arlo app into all the different base stations is a pain.  I wanted one $9.99 up to 10 cameras account so I could just open the app to one account.  It might work to use the app for one base station if you could actually log into your My Arlo account using a web browser on your phone.  That does not seem to be allowed.  Bring back the old rate plan for us "old-timers"! Please.

@Nancy_L  For accounts with higher camera count, you can consider one of our business plans. These are structured to focus on number of camera and length of cloud recording.

Arlo-Greg
Arlo Employee Retired

@ChrisInUK wrote:

@Arlo-Greg 

Where is this option to address incorrect alerts because there is nothing in my library section on both iPhone or Android?

I'm forever getting alerts saying a bush is a person.

@ChrisInUK You should see 3 dots near the video clip. Tap that and select donate.

Also, if you see yellow text on a detection type description, tap that and it should ask you to select the detection type that is most accurate.

ChrisInUK
Star
Star

@Arlo-Greg

I just tried to check the Business Plans on the UK site but ERROR 404...

Nancy_L
Apprentice
Apprentice

😀  How do I do that?  That would solve all of my problems!!

Re: New Arlo Smart Plans Q&A w/ Greg Falgiano, Director of Product Management Thur. 01/16 at 11

If you have many base stations you can share to main account..so you see all cameras

3461Rfk8
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do you realize the world and the USA is divided into time zones.

Your 11:00 is many of our 5:00.

But then again your customer service department reflects this careful consideration you have made to exclude any outside your immediate short vision. 

Or put another way your non existent, NADA, NO, customer support reflects your inconsiderate timing on meetings.

Thawk59
Guide
Guide

How do I tell what plan I'm on?

dan_LI
Star
Star
Nancy L you can share the other base station so you dont have to pay...and view all cameras under one base station..gotto setting and click share account.. i share 9 cameras
oaklandm
Star
Star

@Arlo-Greg May I ask, will this q&a be forwarded to the Arlo support team? So like me and a few others here who have been given incorrect information regarding plans, we can be moved back to our grandfathered yearly plans?

I see you keep saying you are collecting feedback regarding the yearly plans but I was told this in August 2019 when Arlo messed my plan up, how much feedback do you need to realise it was a bad decision removing the yearly option?

Arlo-Greg
Arlo Employee Retired

@ChrisInUK wrote:

@Arlo-Greg

I just tried to check the Business Plans on the UK site but ERROR 404...

@ChrisInUK thanks for letting us know. Our web team is looking into it now.

Thawk59
Guide
Guide

I just checked and I'm on an Arlo Smart Premiere plan - up to 15 cameras.  You're saying that when I renew in about a year, I'm going to get the same Arlo plan at the same price as originally advertised?

Arlo-Greg
Arlo Employee Retired

@oaklandm wrote:

@Arlo-Greg May I ask, will this q&a be forwarded to the Arlo support team? So like me and a few others here who have been given incorrect information regarding plans, we can be moved back to our grandfathered yearly plans?

I see you keep saying you are collecting feedback regarding the yearly plans but I was told this in August 2019 when Arlo messed my plan up, how much feedback do you need to realise it was a bad decision removing the yearly option?

@oaklandm we have some community and support team members on the Q&A now. Please note that if you have a 10 cam plan, it will not change. If you did not already sign up for a 10 cam plan before we switched plans, it is no longer available for purchase.

Arlo-Greg
Arlo Employee Retired

@Thawk59 wrote:

I just checked and I'm on an Arlo Smart Premiere plan - up to 15 cameras.  You're saying that when I renew in about a year, I'm going to get the same Arlo plan at the same price as originally advertised?

@Thawk59 Yes as long as you do not cancel, it will auto renew to the same plan, with the same features.

oaklandm
Star
Star

@Arlo-Greg can someone reach out to me then? I was on a yearly plan until a hardware failure and followed supports instructions which lost me my yearly plan. It wasn't my doing that changed the plan, just following instructions. I prefer a yearly plan, it fits in with my budgeting much better

ChrisInUK
Star
Star

@Arlo-Greg 

I currently have the free trial that came with my Arlo Ultra Smart Hub and Arlo has my card details for when the trial ends so will I carry on with this plan? Arlo Smart Premier where I can have 18 cameras?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ChrisInUK wrote:

@Arlo-Greg 

I currently have the free trial that came with my Arlo Ultra Smart Hub and Arlo has my card details for when the trial ends so will I carry on with this plan? Arlo Smart Premier where I can have 18 cameras?

Yes, you will continue on with the same plan as long as you do not cancel.

ChrisInUK
Star
Star

Thanks James that is welcome news.

Arlo-Greg
Arlo Employee Retired

All,

Thanks for participating in the Q&A today! We really appreciate you sharing your honest feedback about the new plans and pricing.

It's obvious that there is concern for customers that have older camera models and want an option that allows them to have a higher camera count as the 2K and 4K cloud are not relevant to the devices they currently own. I'm taking notes of this feedback and will be utilizing it as we review our plan offerings and make decisions for future updates.

We are about the end the live Q&A. If we didn't get to your question, we will reply offline soon.

Thanks again for your participation and valuable feedback.

Arlo-Greg
Arlo Employee Retired

@oaklandm wrote:

@Arlo-Greg can someone reach out to me then? I was on a yearly plan until a hardware failure and followed supports instructions which lost me my yearly plan. It wasn't my doing that changed the plan, just following instructions. I prefer a yearly plan, it fits in with my budgeting much better

@oaklandm our support team will reach out to you and offer a remedy. Thanks for sharing your use case and feedback today. We do value this info from our customers.