Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

NO FREE 7 DAY RECORDING - Don’t be fooled - BUY a different brand

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
ANGELAG
Guide
Guide
DO NOT be fooled by ARLO and BEST BUY sales people. Arlo Ultra does NOT have seven free days of recording, only older less expensive models (that I was going to buy lol) have seven days if free recordings. IF this is even true. Best Buy sakes people will lie to you about this to get you to is ya thousand bucks for a system where you actually get MUCH LESS and get cheated out if the reason we all got Arlo in the first place. Go with Ring - they’re honest. I now have to OAY for a subscription - exactly why I paid more for Arlo to avoid this - and I’m stuck with four cameras that were a thousand bucks and a video doorbell that will simply freaking tell me if there’s motion versus ever recording anything. What a rip off. ARLO - your customer service sucks and so does your idea of ripping people off by nit educating your retailers to give a customer what they ask for. I CONFiRMED with my sales person these cameras came with the 7 free days of recording. You’re absolutely the worst company I’ve ever done business with and Trust me - I WILL find a way to replace these trash cameras and your paid plan.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Honestly it sounds like more of an issue on the Best Buys side than Arlo... do they work on commission ?

Arlo has had no secrets about charging service fees with the newer cameras after the trail period.

It was even posted in a fee schedule before the newer cameras were released

https://kb.arlo.com/000062366/New-Arlo-Smart-subscription-plans-FAQ

https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @ANGELAG

Please let me know if you have any SF/HW issues/questions or concerns & I will be here to assist you.

Thank you

ANGELAG
Guide
Guide
Let me be clear, any s/f h/w questions I’ve had with Arlo I’ve needed to resolve on my own as everyone else indicates in your forum. Not only can your customer service team never ever diagnose what the problem is (it’s laughable honestly the things I’ve heard from your team) - they have also never ever helped with one single problem after countless hours troubleshooting in the phone with them. Myself and electricians have become experts on troubleshooting your devices and eventually figured it out without Arlo. Electricians have laughed at your customer service. But this is again another instance of Arlo’s inability to listen to their customers - I do believe my post was about spending $1,000 for four 4K cameras and having it confirmed by an “expert” at Best Buy in security cameras that I would always have a seven day “free recording” and that these ultra cameras were “worth it because they’re 4K” which was ALL a LIE. There is nothing free about them, they cost $1,000 for four and now you want to charge me for that “free” seven day recording and additionally charge me the same damned rate I pay monthly for my alarm service that actually calls the police for me so I can have access to the 4K inside the damned camera I already paid $250.00 each for. I am not sure where you got that I need technical help out talking about how Arlo LIED about their fees to make mj they money off me for doing absolutely nothing for me monthly. AGAIN - my #1 reason for emptying my bank account the day I did to buy Arlo was FOR the seven day free recording. I actually LOVED the fact that other companies “replace “ stolen cameras for free and YOU do not. So I took a risk they would get stolen and I would yet again have to foot out $250 a camera to replace them BECAUSE of your seven day free recording that did not EXIST. Bottom line is, I was LIED to and I’ll never ever support your company again in a decent referral to what cameras to buy. I’m sure you can see that from my post but you deserve it. And if your response is sarcasm to try and show Arlo deserves any type of monthly fee (what exactly do you DO for that??) by showing your customer your service skills somehow make up for lying, you need to go back to business 101 which is to provide an honest sale and an honest product. I personally never want to speak to a representative of your company again.
dcfox1
Master
Master

What did Best Buy say about their "expert" giving you false information on 7 day free recording? The Ultra does have a 1 year trial for smart subscription. 

ANGELAG
Guide
Guide
They said Arlo changed their 7 day free video clip policy with the Ultra and purposely told no one. That Arlo advertised free “Smart” monitoring for a year as an upgrade to the regular monitoring so no one would realize they were no longer getting the free 7 day web video clips to avoid everyone returning the Ultra. It wasn’t on the Uktra box , any material inside the box or online at the time that Arlo was discontinuing their seven day web video clips so yes, I 100 percent believe Arlo did it purposely to lead the public to a false sense of belief they were getting seven day clips for free. And if I’m wrong or Best Buy is wrong - WHY are there people all over the internet talking about this??? Do you really think your customers are stupid? Of course you do. Or option B - the almighty dollar go the best of you and you just don’t care about your customers. I would bet it’s both.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Honestly it sounds like more of an issue on the Best Buys side than Arlo... do they work on commission ?

Arlo has had no secrets about charging service fees with the newer cameras after the trail period.

It was even posted in a fee schedule before the newer cameras were released

https://kb.arlo.com/000062366/New-Arlo-Smart-subscription-plans-FAQ

https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

Morse is faster than texting!
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

perhaps a bit of both.  I was doing computers in the 80's, was into the high def before the gov. even decided on what format the FCC would choose and the one thing I know is that I have never heard a Best Buy person giving a customer accurate inf. while in the store.  However Arlo is not without blame because these things are not dispayed at time of purchase or changed by Arlo after purchase. I really don't give a damn about what gets posted here or buried somewhere in an article.  A small percentage of customers follow these sites or spend hours reading Arlo sites before purchase.  There is no excuse for Arlo not having all this inf. available at purchase regardless of where it is purchased.  Would you buy a car or house without full disclosure, I doubt it and most States make it legally mandatory for them.  Arlo does it for one reason only and that's to intentionally keep most customers from knowing at purchase. Or after, such as taking away 4K recording without elite and then moving on to take away 4K live etc.etc.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor