Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Connect VMB4540 to Wifi Mesh

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Nicocaba
Follower
Follower

Hello I have a Deco BE85 Mesh system and 5 Arlo Pro 4 cameras. I've bought an Arlo Smart Hub so I can record the cameras feed, can I use the wifi from the Mesh system? The house is big and 1 Smart Hub will not cover all the range. I'm from Argentina and cannot suscribe to Arlo's plan. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nicocaba wrote:

Hello I have a Deco BE85 Mesh system and 5 Arlo Pro 4 cameras. I've bought an Arlo Smart Hub so I can record the cameras feed, can I use the wifi from the Mesh system? The house is big and 1 Smart Hub will not cover all the range. I'm from Argentina and cannot suscribe to Arlo's plan. Thank you

Unfortunately the only way to get local storage is to connect the cameras to the smarthub wifi.  If one smarthub doesn't give the range you need, you'll need to get a another smarthub.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nicocaba wrote:

Unfortunately the only way to get local storage is to connect the cameras to the smarthub wifi.  If one smarthub doesn't give the range you need, you'll need to get a another smarthub.

ron92064
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a similar problem.  I have 5 Arlo Pro 4's.  I want to connect a 4540 smart hub to my Deco 6e mesh home wi-fi to allow me to record videos to a USB device.  I can't get the 4540 to stay online long enough to get this done.  Arlo support has been no help.  Can you give me some advice?  Any ideas are much appreciated.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have no experience with the Deco mesh but have you tried connecting the hub directly to the main router rather than a satellite?

ron92064
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I currently have the hub connected to the main router with no improvement.  Here is what happens:  Connect the hub to the router.  Connect the power to the hub.  The light on the hub is amber.  After a few seconds, the light turns blue so it connects to the internet.  I use the Arlo app on my iPhone to try to add the hub to my system.  After a few seconds, the hub light goes from blue to blinking amber.  This is my 2nd 4540.  I had the same problem with the first unit.  I discussed the situation with Arlo support.  They determined the first hub was defective.  I returned it.  They replaced it with the one I have now.  This is very frustrating.  No one at Arlo seems to have an answer.  Thanks again for your reply.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The boot process of the hub takes around 2 minutes to complete. You'll see what you describe as the boot occurs but after 2 minutes it should settle to a solid blue. Do you see that? It sounds like you're trying to connect too fast.

Have you tried both the app as well as a computer browser pointed to my.arlo.com? If a VPN is in use, be sure to disable that before trying to connect the hub. When using the phone, ensure that you're on your WiFi and not cell service.

ron92064
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks again for the reply.

I do wait until the phone app. responds that it can't find the hub.  The light continues to blink amber and never turns steady blue.

I have not tried the computer app.  I will try that today and let you know what happens.

Again, thanks for the advice.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The amber blinking is a problem.

https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station-mean

You can try holding the hub's reset button for ~15 seconds until the LED starts blinking amber (hopefully it's at a different rate so you can tell the difference) to see what happens. Until the LED is blue, it ain't gonna work.