Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

In the Google Drive folder you’ll see two files. A picture of the activity zone I have configured as well as a triggered event that I got. I receive these constantly with people waking by, cars going by, etc.

These events are clearly out of my activity zone.. what am I missing? Why am I constantly getting notifications and recorded events for things outside of my zone?

What am I doing wrong? Please help.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16vDkOh02Z8jg-eGjxFSrfaYbeyQrm4qb

- added a second event

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Cars driving by can be fairly large emitters of IR compared to people. Although the cars themselves are out of the zone, the IR can reflect off objects in the zone, causing the recording. The sun does this all the time but, of course, is a much larger source of IR.

Try reducing motion sensitivity in your modes and rules while still getting the detections you need. Note that even turning the sensitivity all the way down does not turn off detections.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16vDkOh02Z8jg-eGjxFSrfaYbeyQrm4qb

Not sure you are doing anything wrong.  

You might try deleting and recreating the zone.

If the false positives are only happening at night, then you might try disabling the low-light color video and see if you get the same result.  The initial I-frame in your videos is very grainy, and that might be fooling the activity zone algorithm (since it is seeing changes everywhere in the picture).

You could disable "all other motion" - reducing notifications but not recordings.

Retired_Member
Not applicable
I’ve reduced the motion settings from 80 to 50.

I have tried re-creating the zones already multiple times, that’s not it.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi t3hWheez,

Try referring to this article to see if you're still receiving notifications outside of your activity zone: How do I troubleshoot problems with Arlo activity zones?