Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion alerts turned off except for people, yet still getting motion and animal alerts

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
wmccarron
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've set motion alerts on only for "People," shutting off all other motion alerts on 1 camera, yet the camera still triggers on vehicles, swaying branches and other non-people triggers, causing endless irrelevant alters to my phone and draining the battery by over 20% per day. the camera is defective, how do I fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
dcfox1
Master
Master

You can try turning them on and off to reset them. You should not get the notifications from those that are off but will still get the recordings. So either way it records effecting the battery. For the battery issue you can try repositioning the cam to get excessive motion out if view. 

wmccarron
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, battery drawdown is my main concern because it's set on a high traffic area, sidewalk and street. So my goal would be to not have the camera triggered to record except for people.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@wmccarron wrote:

Thanks, battery drawdown is my main concern because it's set on a high traffic area, sidewalk and street. So my goal would be to not have the camera triggered to record except for people.

No matter what it records everything and it is sent to the cloud and the servers determine if you receive a notification for smart.  So best option is to reposition the camera. Even Activity zones record and disregard those outside the zone. A Solar Panel or AC would help if you can't reposition. In a nutshell everything the camera detects motion it initially records and uses the battery power. 

wmccarron
Aspirant
Aspirant

Excellent information, thanks!