Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dingdangit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Aargh!!! Have (or had) the free 1 year subscription that came with the Ultra hub/cameras in 05/2019. The subscription was, according to Arlo, supposed to be continued with payment. I entered the payment information but today when I checked my Library...SURPRISE!!!!! A notice saying I had no subscription and I needed to subscribe to the new, much more expensive Smart plans.

What happened to the supposed continuing of the legacy plans? I entered a support request but based on past experience, I have low expectations.

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It has been seen that any changes to a prior subscription knocks people out of the legacy contract.

It also seems that it is almost impossible to get it back once gone.

But do try and go thru Arlo support as it's the only chance you have.

Don't agree with this policy, but then I have no control over it.

maybe users should start a new account and the grant access over to the old to avoid issues with new cameras.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

They did this to me in Jan. and to a number of others on here, whatever you do don't click on a plan, they will use it to get out of giving you what you have a right to and justify it.  Search these threads and you will see it's standard practice.  Get on support and demand it be renewed but do not click on a plan.  If you search you will also see they claim an issue with your credit card to justify dropping you and forcing you to buy  a plan