Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MartinSwede
Apprentice
Apprentice
Have 5 Arlo Pro 2 cameras and have a smart plan. Works fine but a big problem is the delay on the notifications. Sometimes it takes over 5 min. If I disable one camera the notification comes directly. Can understand a certain delay but 5 min is a joke. To late to act..
6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @MartinSwede

Does this delay occur on other devices as well?

MartinSwede
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yep. The problem is on all cameras. Sometimes it works ok but very often heavy delays. Especially in the night. Delay up to 10 min before a notification saying a person detected or a movement. As said if I disable one camera from smart plan the notifications comes immy but then of course only as movement and not animal or person.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What version of the Aro Mobile App are you using? Can you verify you are up to date on the latest version?

MartinSwede
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes I have the latest version of the Arlo App on my Samsung S9plus. In general there are some delays with smart plan and up to 10 seconds might be acceptable but not several minutes. As said not always but more or less daily there are delays on several minutes.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo tech Support

MartinSwede
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi
Yep. Complaint some time ago and respond was that a certain delay could occur compared to standard without smart plan due to situation/enviroment. Accepted that but recently I have realized heavy delays. Anyway have today disable all cameras from smart plan and after one hour enable them again. Right now it works (just some seconds in delay) but will monitor next coming days. Thanks for your support anyway.