Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 19 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
MarkusSB
Tutor
Tutor

hi all,

i just got a 6th camera so i´m exceeding the default plan and need to add a single cam plan.

if i click "confirm payment" on the final order page, i receive an http error:

Http failure response for https://my.arlo.com/hmsweb/users/xxx/changeplan/v2: 400 OK

the procedure doesn´t seem to have any effects, i still can´t activate cam #6

regards,

markus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue should now be resolved and you should be able to subscribe to Arlo Smart subscription with no HTTP error message. Please let us know if you're still experiencing issues when trying to subscribe.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can't add a single camera - you have to purchase at least the Premier plan.

MarkusSB
Tutor
Tutor
I have exactly that Arlo Smart Premier Multi-Cam plan. But it only allows 5 cameras.
How to add another one? It mentions discounted costs per additional cam, but I can't book it.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MarkusSB wrote:
I have exactly that Arlo Smart Premier Multi-Cam plan. But it only allows 5 cameras.
How to add another one? It mentions discounted costs per additional cam, but I can't book it.

Try contacting support: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

kwhiffin
Star
Star

I am having the same issue.  I was chatting with support for 2 hours on Friday about this, and they are clueless.  Complete S show.  Seems like something they would want fixed.  Directly effects sales.  

StY90
Guide
Guide

Hello,

If this was your first time purchasing a plan to add the additional camera and it gave you a "FREE TRIAL." This is why it is giving you the ERROR. Same thing happen to me. I figure I had to subscribed first, which ARLO gave me a Free Trial, but my account did not reflect that. After spending 3 hours with customer service, they told me to cancelled the subscription, which was the free trial of the Premier plan and reapply it worked. 

Hope this helps. I no longer look at Arlo like I used to. 

StY90
Guide
Guide

I attempted to purchase the Premier plan first and if you get the Free trial promotion with it, it will not work. 

MarkusSB
Tutor
Tutor

it was exactly that problem with the subscription trial. thanks for the responses!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

niclas76
Initiate
Initiate

I'm having the same issue. Tried to buy the 5 camera plan, got 1 month free and can't add a one cam plan for my sixth camera... So can only use 5 cameras, just like when I didn't pay...

Considering the price for the cameras to start with I think the 5 camera rule and then paying per camera to be able to use the camera at all when you already have invested in 2 base stations and 6 cameras is a bit of a rip off to start with, but at least it could work. As opposed to geofencing, which doesn't work very well either.

Oh, and live chat doesn't work either, even though it says it's available on the page.

StY90
Guide
Guide

Niclas76, yes Live chat was not working for me also that day. 

If you are unable to add a plan for the additional camera- CANCEL your free 1 month trial that you were just GIVEN (thinking you had to subscribe first then add the camera, FIRST TIME subscribing to a PLAN also) and subscribe again. THIS WILL FIX IT. Although it is pretty upsetting to get a 1 month free trial (anyone who hasn't had a plan should get a free trial, I was told) just to cancel it and pay so you can add your additional camera. 

It was pretty stupid and I told support that!

ArloWatcher
Luminary
Luminary

Well glad to see that I'm not the only one having this problem. So I have two trail plans, one for my video doorbell and one for my Arlo Pro 3 camera. Both for 3 months. So they want me to give these up because of their problems? And don't even get me going that you buy an Arlo Ultra camera and get no trail plan.

I have to follow way too many different discussions in these forums to try to figure out Arlo screw-ups. Come on Arlo, get your act together or you may just become the Blackberry of Home Security systems.

krreeves
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you!!!  This worked.  Plus, you saved me sitting on the phone with customer support.

BonSP
Guide
Guide
Hahaha, so people want to give arlo money by buying additional camera coverage but because arlo “gave” them a free subscription, they cannot give arlo money. So in order to give arlo money they have to give them more money up front and then give them the money for the subscription is that the jist of it.
kwhiffin
Star
Star

Basically, yes.  Looks like they have changed their plans.  And then i could not sign up for their multi-cam plan thru their site because of an error the page was taking.  So I lost 2 of my 7 cameras.  5 cameras seems to still work under the plan you are on when you buy the hardware.  I had 6 working perfectly until running into all this.  

Long story short, supposedly development is looking into the multi-cam sign up issue.  And the plans are the plans now.  I don't think existing customers will be grandfathered.  I get it.  They need to do what's right for business, but at the same time I think that is lousy.  My $0.02.  

ArloWatcher
Luminary
Luminary

@JessicaP 

Can we get an update on this problem?

BonSP
Guide
Guide
So far the solution was posted by StY90. Cancel your free subscription, subscribe to a paid subscription, then you can add additional cameras.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Our development team is still investigating this issue. We'll be sure to update the community when we hear any new information. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

ArloWatcher
Luminary
Luminary

Arlo has made some back end billing changes and I now can add a single ultra camera to my plan along with my free trail period for the video doorbell. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue should now be resolved and you should be able to subscribe to Arlo Smart subscription with no HTTP error message. Please let us know if you're still experiencing issues when trying to subscribe.