Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

e911 Invalid Address / Registration Issue? Try this first! [Potential Fix]

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
SebTaph
Follower
Follower

TLDR  - Too Long, Don't Read (or BLUF - Bottom Line Up Front):  In the e911 Registration Page (online and/or App), use the following format for "Phone Number"  +1(123)4567890   *No hyphens, periods nor spaces in between the numbers/parentheses. Voila!

Full story: Finally caved in and signed up for an Arlo Smart Plan. I was using my Google Chrome browser and logged into our Arlo Account (v.12.2_xx). Under Settings > e911 (Setup), I tried and tried to enter our home address and contact phone humber. It wouldn't accept it. I kept thinking the issue was my address. So I tried different ways of spelling out "Street vs. St vs. ST vs..."  Finally gave up and proceeded to the Community Board for an answer. Basically, there was none published, other than "An Arlo Support Staff member will PM you to gather your private details".   Not my favorite "solution".. 

So, instead of trying to make the e911 registration work on my browser, I tried the newly downloaded updated Arlo iOS App (v2.13). Went to Settings > e911 and lo and behold I find the following format suggested under: "Phone number  +1(123)4567890". Once I entered the number in this format and after I clicked on "verify information is correct", magically e911 was successfully registered. 

My Lessons Learned: 

- Some backend (e.g. database) systems require unique data formats for things to work.

- Community Boards are a great resource of knowledge!

- Sometimes the solution to the problem is not as obvious as I think it should be. 

Sincerely hope this helps a few of you!

0 REPLIES 0