Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is free cloud storage still available?

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
KramP
Tutor
Tutor

I have used our Pro2 camera with automatic cloud storage for many years.  I purchased 3 new cameras (Ultra?) and cloud storage is only available through subscription.

Is free cloud storage still available?  Did I just buy the wrong cameras?

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KramP wrote:

Is free cloud storage still available?  Did I just buy the wrong cameras?

None of the newer cameras (starting with the Ultra in 2018) include free cloud storage

KramP
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for the reply.  If I purchase an older camera, is cloud storage available?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KramP wrote:

Thank you for the reply.  If I purchase an older camera, is cloud storage available?

Yes,  if you can find one.  You might need to settle for a used one.

KramP
Tutor
Tutor

"A paid Arlo Smart subscription is required to activate the device" 

Is that the case now, regardless of the camera purchased? This camera is a Pro 2.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KramP wrote:

Is that the case now, regardless of the camera purchased? This camera is a Pro 2.

Pro 2s still have the free 7-day cloud storage.

The Ultras (and Pro 3, Pro 4, Essential) do not.

KramP
Tutor
Tutor

Ok, then, what am i missing?  Why is it telling me that I need a subscription?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have more than 5 Pro 2 cameras in the account?

KramP
Tutor
Tutor

I have 6 Pro cameras connected to the base station (original purchase).  All 6 connect and store in the cloud.  I purchased 3 additional Pro2 cameras.  When I connected the first one, it told me I need a subscription.  Advice on path forward?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KramP wrote:

I have 6 Pro cameras connected to the base station (original purchase).  All 6 connect and store in the cloud.  I purchased 3 additional Pro2 cameras.  

So 9 cameras all together?

The standard limit for free storage is 5 free-storage cameras per account.  However, there was a bundle of 6 offered for a while, so if you purchased one of those the limit for your account should be 6.  Note this is not a new limit, it was in place when you purchased.

If you are are over the account limit, you have two options:

1. purchase a subscription
  2. set up a second account - which will also require a second base.  Put the new cameras on the second account.

With (2) you can use friend access so you can see all the cameras from either account.