Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra 2 problem with adding camera to current Smart subscription

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
TNcat
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had a subscription for 2 4K cameras since may 2021. One camera broke and I sent it back in October 2020 and was sent a replacement with 3 month free subscription. The 3 months is up and I can not drag it back into my subscription. I have an iPhone and am being told by Arlo support the only way to drag the camera into my subscription is to have an android not iPhone. I tried using a PC and still can not drag the replacement camera to my subscription. Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the trial actually over so you have no sub for that camera? If not, cancel the trial and try again. You may need to cancel your current paid sub and resubscribe but you may lose your videos so download as needed.

TNcat
Aspirant
Aspirant

My subscription ends tomorrow. The problem with canceling and getting a new subscription is they have changed there plans. I was paying $10.79 for 2 4K cameras and now they changed their subscription and will cost more. Why only android and shouldn’t someone at Arlo be able to drag or correct my problem for me?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The fact the trial is still inn effect is the reason why you can't drag the camera to your sub. Wait until it's over and then do so.

No idea why iOS may have an issue but I'd reboot the phone and reinstall the app for starters.

TNcat
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was wondering if the free trial was causing the problem. I’ll try deleting the free trial and see if that fixes my problem. One would think the Arlo support person would have known that or at least suggested it.

thanks for your help.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@jguerdat wrote:

No idea why iOS may have an issue, but I'd reboot the phone and reinstall the app for starters.

I have IOS and it does say to use the web portal to manage cameras. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dcfox1 wrote: I have IOS and it does say to use the web portal to manage cameras. 

Correct.  Hopefully that is temporary.