Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Jcrytus
Follower
Follower
I just connected today arlo premier and for some reason when i tried to put my address in the e911 section , its says that is wrong , and my address its is correct , any idea what this could be ???
10 REPLIES 10
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please send me a private message with the address information you're trying to enter and I will escalate the information for further investigation.

JamesC

Kapoleians7
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have been trying to get into my Arlo but it's saying "invalid webpage". What does this mean? I restarted my router and also uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing happens. Please help solve this issue! Thank you.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Kapoleians7,

What exactly is the issue you are experiencing? Are you trying to log in to the Arlo Mobile App or the Web Portal? 

Frankj57
Aspirant
Aspirant
I upgraded to premier three months ago. I entered my address into the e911 but the software will mot accept it and it shows my correct house number and street but in a county 65 miles away. I called support and they have a case number . After a couple weeks they suggested i enter an address in a different state and of course this did not fix it. Repeated contacts to support have gone unanswered and my problem is not corrected. To repeat, i enter my address into the e911 setup page but the address ends up in the wrong county and arlo support cannot fixit and now ignores me. I’m very disappointed.. PS I have emails from arlo support to prove their incompetence on this issue..
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't forget that Arlo simply uses the phone's info to determine where you are. I'm not at all sure this is an Arlo problem. What device and OS? Have you tried a diferent device /computer?

Frankj57
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ive tried using an IPhone and iPad both with iOS 12.1 to enter my e911 address and both end up  with the same error. Ive even tried entering an old address of mine in a different state and that worked, i.e. the old address showed up correctly after I input it into the e911 setup page. Ive also tried entering a random address from a few streets over but that ends up in another county too. I suspect there is some glitch associated with my home town in the software. I keep trying to enter my correct address in Suffolk county NY but after I hit save it records the correct street and house number but  changes to the wrong county (Brooklyn NY). Makes no sense. I don’t understand the phone location connection and how that should affect where my home address is? Any ideas or suggestions?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try setting it up in a browser. Maybe that would work better.

Frankj57
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for that excellent suggestion!! I tried it using safari on my wife’s Mac and it seemed to take, in the browser anyways. However, when I return to the app on the IPAD and iphone it still shows me in the wrong county. I’m half confident now that ARLO has my address correct address but maybe the app displays it wrong.? Regardless, half confidence in such an important feature is not acceptable. I dont dare try it to see if its correct as I think I can get in trouble pestering 911 for no emergency reason. God forbid I need it and they show up to the wrong address 65 miles away in Brooklyn!!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How are you seeing the wrong county? All I see is the actual address, no county listed.

Frankj57
Aspirant
Aspirant
You are correct, it only shows an address and does not include a county although Brooklyn NY is its own county (kings) and that’s where its seems to think I live instead of Center Moriches NY which is in Suffolk County. I referred to county to emphasize how far off the address is. Sorry for the confusion.