Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
vetrijar
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the Arlo pro 2 with CVR running. Also the smart feature is enabled. I can adjust the notifications for the smart feature to only alert me when an animal walks by (I disabled notifications for people & vehicles). So this works for notifications.

The issue is with the recordings. I still get a bulk load of recorded videos to filter through which include people and vehicles. Over 100 per day. I'm on a busy street and mainly trying to capture the animals. Is there a way to only record animals and not store the recordings of everything else?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The videos will upload to your library as normal regardless off smart setting. However, your push notifications will be adjusted to your settings provided People (ON) Animal (OFF) etc.

Have you tried using the filter funnel to pick your desired videos?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @vetrijar

Have you tried to reboot your base station & test again? if that does not help, you may try and remove the cameras from Settings  > My Devices > Re-Add.

vetrijar
Aspirant
Aspirant
Tried that. Did not work for me. Everything still is recorded. Question is, can the Arlo camera record ONLY animals and nothing else?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

vetrijar
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have only tried in the community forum hoping to get an answer from here. I'm guessing it's an unknown if recordings can be restricted to only animals? Which is fine, I just don't know if that's true or not
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Does your web browser display the same settings as your App for the animal notifications? You can also try to remove the camera(s) from the active Smart enabled cameras list to inactive then add it back > reboot.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The videos will upload to your library as normal regardless off smart setting. However, your push notifications will be adjusted to your settings provided People (ON) Animal (OFF) etc.

Have you tried using the filter funnel to pick your desired videos?

vetrijar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, that helped clear it up for me with understanding how the recordings work.  So basically all motion is recorded and stored on the cloud (regardless of the smart filter/notifications).  If I set the smart notifications to animal detection only (people,vehicle,motion are all off), then I will still have recordings of all activity, but I will only get a notification alert on my phone when an animal walks by.  From my understanding with the cloud storage, it won't matter if I have 10 videos a day or 200 videos a day recorded. It's unlimited until the old videos get deleted.  I can just filter out the videos I don't want to see anymore.

Thanks for the info.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You are very welcome. Just to note, the expiration of a video will depend on the current plan.