Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Double Billing

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
billkj
Follower
Follower
Paid for yearly subscription and getting for monthly also. Second time this is happening. First time I finally got credited back for 5 month, but now just was billed for 3 more months.
5 REPLIES 5
TrainorEC
Aspirant
Aspirant

The samething has been happening to me.  Paid the annual subscription charge and I have been getting charged the monthly fee on top.  I have not yet seen a credit for the extra months being billed.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @billkj and @TrainorEC,

Have you contacted our support team regarding this? They will help you out and look into this further for you. You can contact them here: Arlo Support

jojojo1
Initiate
Initiate
Same thing here. I contacted support and they said I have 2 active plans, which makes no sense. According to them, if you upgrade to Smart Premier you’re actually adding another plan to your account, NOT UPGRADING YOIR OLD ONE. This gives them reason to think it’s ok to charge you twice. So you need to cancel your old plan, which also doesn’t make sense because I only see one plan on my account. I have already reported this to the FTC. Who knows how many thousands of people are paying double without knowing. Then Arlo makes you screenshot every billing statement from your credit card to prove that you were charged, which, again, doesn’t make sense because they have record of your payments. In other words, this is fraud. Just waiting for a class action to happen soon because more and more people are going to figure this out. By the way, I still haven’t been refunded.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @jojojo1,

I sent you a private message to gather more information regarding not receiving a refund. Hope to hear from you soon.

jojojo1
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you. I just got off the phone with Kate from Arlo billing support. She told me there's a glitch in the billing system that allows 2 plans to be active at one time. As a customer and supporter of Arlo I am furious that this has not been addressed publicly and has yet to be known by thousands of your subscribers. If Arlo knows there's a glitch that takes extra money from their subscribers, then why hasn't Arlo done anything about it yet? Even worse, why hasn't Arlo sent a notification to their subscribers that they are paying double? Arlo is taking in a ridiculous amount of money from people who are unaware of this happening and yet they sit quietly. Your management and leadership need to get a public announcement out ASAP, even a simple email to all your subscribers telling them what's been happening and what they should do to rectify the situation. The fact that this hasn't happen yet completely destroys all faith I had in this company. 

The solution I was offered to get refunded was to cancel both plans, get my refund, and then resubscribe to the plan that I want to stick with. I was warned that this will cause all my videos beyond the past 7 days to be deleted so I would have to manually save each and every video or else it will get deleted. This solution is outrageous as well. Arlo admits that there's a glitch on their end and yet, we, as the customer, have to do all the extra work to keep the services we've been paying double for. Not to mention that I was also required to screenshot every single credit card statement to "prove" that I was charged extra, as if Arlo didn't have that information already. 

Arlo's customer service standard operating procedures are nothing short of a joke. This needs to be fixed ASAP.