Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ngl1604
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm trying to understand the boundaries and limitations of the Smart Notification system.

In particular I'm trying to determine whether smart 'thing' detection can actually be used to mute notifications of specific items since I'm seeing mixed results.

From a motion perspective, my assumption is that if I enable motion alerts for 'People' and 'All Other Motion' (disabling Vehicles and Animals), the camera in my hallway should ignore the movements of my dogs but flag up People or 'something that isn't a person or an animal'.

In reality, I'm seeing movement of my dogs being alerted and that movement is being tagged as 'Animal'.  I'm comfortable with misdetection (i.e. when it can't tell the difference between an animal and 'something else') but if it's correctly identified the subject as an animal, should I be being alerted?

Moving forward, is there any intention of developing the audio detection logic to detect things other thank Smoke/CO2 Alarms or 'Anything Else'?  My Echo device can detect and alert me on 'Dogs Barking'  I wonder if something similar might be in the pipeline for Smart Notifications?  Being able to ignore low level background audio from a radio could be useful for example.

Best wishes

Nigel

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You should be able to deselect the Smart notification you do not want to receive push notifications for. The recording will still be in the library. 

You can do this by navigating to the Profile in the top left in the app > Home > Smart Notifications.