Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Overactive Smart Push Notifications Still

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Meowny
Initiate
Initiate

I have smart alerts set to Animals only. I have all other alerts turned off, including other, but I am getting a TON of motion push notifications NOT Animals.  It seems pretty consistent recently.  Sensitivity is default however that shouldn't matter since smart alerts is turned OFF for all other motion.  I saw another post where the admins said this was fixed. So, if it's fixed, why am I getting push notifications for random motion?

9 REPLIES 9
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have activity zones set with these notifications? 

Meowny
Initiate
Initiate

Yes I have activity zones, but I'm getting notifications outside of my zone areas as well. I am only supposed to be receiving animal motion notifications. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What type of motion is being detected for these false alerts/recordings? Are you able to provide a screenshot or sample recording(s) of the "non-animal" motion?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

shillerd
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having this problem too.

I'm about to return these cameras.

I can walk in front of my camera, get a push notification, then start waving my arms around a little, and I get push notifications every 3 seconds until the activity stops.  This makes the cameras totally useless, as I have to turn off notifications, as they are too bothersome.

Please help.

Every camera I've ever owned has had a setting for how often to send notifications.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you receive numerous push notifications when you are not standing in front of the camera waiving you arms? 

You can try adjusting the sensitivity or adjusting the camera placement and utilize activity zones to weed out the unwanted notifications. 

shillerd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sensitivity is at minimum level.  Activities I want are picked up perfectly, with no extra things like leaves or bugs triggering the notification.  The ONLY problem is that when an activity is going on, I get continuous notifications every few seconds until the activity stops.  I've tried every setting possible, including setting the 'recording time' to fixed time or 'until activity stops' and there is no difference.

Like every other security camera I've ever owned, you MUST provide a setting for how often notifications go out.  Every 5-10 minutes is plenty for an activity to complete before the second notification.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you able to provide a screen recording of the Lock/Home Screen when the notification continuously come in? You can PM if you like.

Thanks 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@shillerd wrote:

Sensitivity is at minimum level.

Are you setting this in your modes and rules? The motion test doesn't save.