Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help with smart settings

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Fazworld
Aspirant
Aspirant

I updated my smart settings to turn on notifications only for people, animals, and vehicles. I’ve turn off notifications for motion. My camera set up above my garage but there is a tall bush in the yard that always triggers a motion alert when it’s a windy day. Today it is going off every minute and of course, draining the battery. Even though motion alerts are turned off, it is still triggering with a “motion” alert. Does anyone have any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You can adjust the sense levels in a custom mode for windy days on that camera....

SMART isn't done in the camera, the file from motion gets uploaded and the AI at the far end determines what caused the trigger event... ( tho the recording still happens ) ...tho it should work that you don't get a notice if not in the triggered selections

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Fazworld
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok so even if I have motion notifications turned off the camera will still turn on and take a video. The battery will still be used up. Any other way to save the battery? I reduced sense level to 65.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Fazworld wrote:
 Any other way to save the battery? I reduced sense level to 65.

Only powering the camera somehow.

If the garage has power, you could get an outdoor-rated charger, and power the camera that way.  Or if the location is reasonably sunny, you could get a solar panel.