Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Having issues with trying to purchase a "Arlo Smart Premier" plan.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JPerkins
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently tried to purchase the Arlo Smart Premier plan an after selecting my plan and finalizing payment it gave me an error code saying that there was a problem with my selection at this time and to try again. I did try again and received the same message. This continued each time for 7 tries. I eventually gave up and later discovered that for each time I had tried it billed my checking account for $1.00. I contacted my bank and they removed all but one of the charges. I figured that it was a pending charge to verify payment but there was never any verification for anything. The plan was never purchased and my $1.00 went towards something and im not sure where or why. I'm very unhappy with this whole ordeal and sadly I can ot find any way to contact anyone other than to post here. If you have a plan and want to cancel, it seems almost impossible to find where. If anyone has encountered this issue and found a solution, I would greatly appreciate feedback. Thank in advance for taking a moment to read and or help with my issue.

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @JPerkins

I am sorry to hear you had an issue with this. I have provided the following link for Customer Support -Arlo Tech Support

If you would like, I can create a case for you?. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

catemp
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had something similar happen to me.  I paid for PVR on one camera, went to add PVR to a second camera and it errored out.  I have a bunch of $1 dollar charges as well.  I went back and added just the second camera and the charge went through on my credit card. 

After this the one camera that had PVR and was showing 4K recordings now doesn't have 4K recordings and the second camera doesn't have it as well.  My credit card statement seems to show that I have paid for  PVR on 2 cameras.  4 phone calls, PM back and forth with @JamesC and there is end in sight after 10+ days. 

Level 2 support apparently won't talk to customers so you can forget the case is escalated story.  All 4 reps said they would call me back but they never have, which reminds me, they were going to call at 1800 CST and still haven't.  I have at least 2 case numbers and there appears to be no resolution other than to cancel my premier plan, pay out of pocket for another premier plan which "should" resync my account and Arlo verbally claims they will refund my premier plan, but of course that's not in writing. 

Let me know if you need the proper address for Arlo if you want to file an FTC complaint.  Dealing with Arlo is impossible and the online "gurus" and "moderators" offer no help other than to throw you to the top of the line with Level 1 support who cannot solve this problem.  I hope it goes better for you than it did me.