Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
wkgeneral
Tutor
Tutor

There is something seriously off about the arlo smart settings, activity zones and what is picked up for notifications. Case in point. my Drive way camera is set up with an activity zone that reaches from my garage door to the street (theoretically I should be getting a notification for every car that drives by on this busy street), I also have smart settings enabled to pick up people, cars and everything else, and to exclude animals. I received an email from Amazon that packages had been delivered around 11.40AM today but I didn't receive a notification from Arlo. I have a video (and notification) from 10.30AM triggered by my dog (should not have triggered it) where there are no packages, and another notification around 1ish again triggered by my dog where there are clearly 3 large (and heavy packages) sitting in front of my garage but I never received a notification that a person walked up my driveway to deliver. Between this and the doorbell inconsistant notifications I'm getting very frustrated with Arlo at this point.

3 REPLIES 3
wkgeneral
Tutor
Tutor

More (or continued) issues with the new video doorbell. !st issue is that Arlo needs to do something about car headlights at night. I live on a very busy street and get a ton of alerts at night after dark when vehicles are driving by at nights due to headlights, however I am not getting these alerts when vehicles drive by during the day.  The 2d issues is smart notifications. My notifications are set up to ignore animals and to alert on everything else. However I'm finding that I'm getting animal alerts but no alerts for people. I'm going to swap out my settings and see if requesting animal alerts and turning off people will work until Arlo fixes the issue. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The camera position might have something to do with this.  The camera's motion sensors are arranged to pick up motion that is across the field of view (side to side).   Also the range is limited to about 20 feet for people (though it can be longer for vehicles).  A camera aimed up the driveway from a garage could easily not trigger on someone walking straight down the center of the driveway towards the garage.

https://kb.arlo.com/37/How-do-I-position-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

wkgeneral,

Consider toggling off all of your Arlo Smart selections and then toggle on the desired Smart Alerts one at a time. Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC