Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation
Carlittos99
Aspirant
Aspirant

Trying to give access to my wife without success
Tried the app and when I click send invite the app says unexpected error
Tried laptop and I click send invite but nothing happens
Tried different laptop and same thing nothing happens

22 REPLIES 22
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure what's up but you're also selecting cameras to share before you click to invite, right?

Carlittos99
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes i already tried with one camera. Also with all the cameras that I have but no one seems to go through

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Carlittos99

Is this on your wifi network? Have you tried to add your wife over cellular data?

Carlittos99
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Yes I tried also both ways cellular and WiFi and no luck
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you test to see if another email works? Have you tried that yet?

Markwindsurf
Initiate
Initiate

I also have the smae issue have tried this from laptop webportal and app, and 2 different email addresses.

But it is still not finding the persons I have sent the emails to.

Carlittos99
Aspirant
Aspirant
She has gmail and hotmail non of those works
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

KertzPenneyz
Aspirant
Aspirant
The grant access function is not sending the email to others I chose . . .
FrederickMurray
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem, and have tried what you have as well. The first invite I sent was about 24 hours ago. Any solutions yet?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello Everyone,

Do you happen to have any screenshots of your error message? 

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

FrederickMurray
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is no error message. The problem is that the email invitation never shows up in the recipient's email.

Markwindsurf
Initiate
Initiate

My issues is as per Fredrick says, the grant access tab says pending against teh recipient but the email is never delivered.  I spoke to tech help and they said my account was locked for sending emails and said they had unlocked it but it has had no effect.

AbhishekKothari
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also having the same problem, tried both app and browser

Gr8M1ke
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here....

When I try via mobile, it tells me I don't have sufficient rights to do it...

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Carlittos99
Aspirant
Aspirant
Good day still have the same issue today I updated the app IOS and still showing the same message when I send the invite

We are sorry, The system is experiencing an unexpected issue.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried doing this with a web browser?

Carlittos99
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes several
Safari
Chrome
Edge, etc

From my phone will show that error but from a computer just don’t do nothing
Teegeus
Aspirant
Aspirant

We're experiencing the same problem here. I sent the grant access email to my wife and it doesn't load. Tried downloading the app, deleting and again download the app. Still nothing. Andriod updates are current. What other troubleshooting can we do? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Teegeus

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Teegeus wrote:

We're experiencing the same problem here. I sent the grant access email to my wife and it doesn't load. Tried downloading the app, deleting and again download the app. Still nothing. Andriod updates are current. What other troubleshooting can we do? 

What doesn't load? The download of the app, the installation or the running of the app?