Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary

Finally (Thanks JessicaP) got my Arlo smart system working.

Just a few questions. 

I am running android Pie, On a galaxy S9+.

If a person is detected I receive double notifications.

I have only "People" selected, on Smart Alerts

I have noticed on the modes page. if I go to the custom mode I am using.

Click the pencil.

then click the pencil of the camera in question.

Scroll to the bottom

I must have "Push Notificarions" selected. Otherwise I receive nothing, not even Smart noticications.

Is this maybe the reson behind double notifications.

And other times. I receive there is a notification of movement on camera but nothing is recorded on that camera. It does however trigger another camera which covers a wide shot of the area. But if a person is detected it records on both cameras as expected.

This worked fine before "Arlo Smart". 

Thirdly.

Is your advertising displaying an Iphone??? Because my Smart alerts look nothing like your ads.

It is not a full screen notification. I have a drop down windown, which open a quater screen display.

I have no way of live streaming from the Notification as shown on your Video https://youtu.be/aZ48YOLaa7s

See bolowadvertised v reality.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary

I don't know how to edit this post.

But the uploaded jpeg is not displaying unless you log in.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I can't see it even though I'm logged in. Any photo has to be approved before anyone other than you can see it.

shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@shoustonnz wrote:

If a person is detected I receive double notifications.

I have only "People" selected, on Smart Alerts

I have noticed on the modes page. if I go to the custom mode I am using.

Click the pencil.

then click the pencil of the camera in question.

Scroll to the bottom

I must have "Push Notificarions" selected. Otherwise I receive nothing, not even Smart noticications.

Is this maybe the reson behind double notifications.

That's not the reason for double notifications which is an app/phone issue. I've been able to clear it by force stopping the app, clearing cache and data and then uninstalling. Using the phone settings, turn off Google backups and reboot. Install the app again and turn Google backups on.

And other times. I receive there is a notification of movement on camera but nothing is recorded on that camera. It does however trigger another camera which covers a wide shot of the area. But if a person is detected it records on both cameras as expected.

This worked fine before "Arlo Smart". 

That's a function of Smart.

Thirdly.

Is your advertising displaying an Iphone??? Because my Smart alerts look nothing like your ads.

It is not a full screen notification. I have a drop down windown, which open a quater screen display.

I think you're trying too hard. There are differences between Android and iOS apps and siplays. Does it matter that it doesn't exactly match? Can you verify that what's possible for one OS is also possible for the other? I'm no app developer but this is small potatos.

shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary
I thought the idea of Smart was to limit the notifications. I only want to see people in my driveway. Not the neighbour's. I make an activity zone. I get notifications, when a person enters that. Perfect thats what I expect. But I also gets movement notifications when my neighbour puts out the cat or goes to work... Yet I only have people selected.
Cosmetics of the app yes they are small potatoes.
And your suggestion for relieving me of double notifications did not work.
Glad I am not paying for it.