Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
EricDJ
Guide
Guide
Today I got a discount offer and when you click it, you cannot get the discount.
14 REPLIES 14
EricDJ
Guide
Guide

EricDJ
Guide
Guide
Code says 4mofree
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

EricDJ,

When going through the subscription flows, enter the code in the appropriate field (Redeem Code) and continue through the flow. Are you still experiencing an issue?

JamesC

AZEqualizer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I received the same offer on my smart phone from the Arlo App in regards to the Arlo Smart Premier where with a discount code to allow the purchased of the Premier for 12 Months I would get 4 months free. At the time I was just setting up my system and the offer was good until Nov 30th. Unfortunately when this came up I was out and about and didn't write down the promo code. Now a week later I have not been notified of the code again and I thought I would contact support> I was called by a person from Netgear tech support who could barely speak English and has less of an understanding. He thought I was not getting notified of messages from my system. After explaining this to him 4 times he finally came to the conclusion that it was a fishing attempt. I have been in tech support for IBM for 30 plus years and my phone is secure and there is no record of any malicious attempts on my phone. Plus, all the message gave was the promotional deal and a code. No links to anything just told me to use it in my Arlo App. This is not the case with malicious software or Phishing. I told him there was no need to access my computer any more to look at my Arlo app. and disconnected him. He then told me I was a scammer and was hanging up the call. He refused to give me his name and ID number…. This is the kind of support I am expected to get from Netgear/Arlo about a promotional code?

EricDJ
Guide
Guide
You put it in the redeem code box and it says some codes require a one year paid subscription, then if you try that it then says the code isn't valid for the premium plan.

Any new arlo people this week are going to have this problem. We all had the same issue last year when they offered this deal. I gave up last time and never subscribed then.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@AZEqualizer wrote:

This is not the case with malicious software or Phishing. I told him there was no need to access my computer any more to look at my Arlo app. and disconnected him. He then told me I was a scammer and was hanging up the call. He refused to give me his name and ID number…

I'm going to guess that in spite of being a tech support person who knows to call the proper phone number listed on the web site you Googled for the number and got a scam site. That happes all too often in spite of the warnings we have provided over the years as well as how to contact support.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

AZEqualizer
Aspirant
Aspirant

No you guessed incorrectly - I went to the support site with the live chat that is opened under the app https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Belive me I know how to navigate to the proper areas and don't trust a google search... I go direct to the source.

EricDJ
Guide
Guide
James, if you clear Data and clear cache, the offer code will pop up when you log back in. Then you can click it and see it won't work.

Also I have never subscribed since it didn't work last year either, so that won't affect the offer
AZEqualizer
Aspirant
Aspirant

phone capturephone captureI tried what EricDJ said ... the popup then launches again but it doesn't let you continue as it doesn't fill out the subscription. Plus if you go into the phone app it just goes into perpertual wait when you try to upgrade your subscription directly from within the app... if you try to use the PC app it comes up with this plan does not support this offer

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@AZEqualizer wrote:

No you guessed incorrectly - I went to the support site with the live chat that is opened under the app https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Belive me I know how to navigate to the proper areas and don't trust a google search... I go direct to the source.

Sorry about that. It's happened before and your recount of the contact sounded more like a scam site than Arlo.

AZEqualizer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I went ahead and contacted Arlo through Facebook and they had Perflor, a level 2 Tech contact me. He was extreamly professional and understanding. He is working on getting this issue resolved and asured me I will be able to take advantage of the offer. It may take a couple of days and he will be getting back to me. 

I must say this is more of what I expected from Arlo support - I will keep you posted on this thread. 

EricDJ
Guide
Guide
Nobody has helped me. I guess I'll never get to sign up
AZEqualizer
Aspirant
Aspirant

@EricDJ wrote:
Nobody has helped me. I guess I'll never get to sign up

Have you tried contacting them through FaceBook Messaging? They answer back in about a day.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

EricDJ,

I've opened and escalate a support ticket on this issue. An agent will reach out to you with more information soon.

JamesC