Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro unwanted alerts

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jpimentel75
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two Arlo Pro cameras with arlo smart and it looks like some update/fireware  was applied and now I'm getting unwanted alerts. I have zones defined and still getting unwanted alerts, also notice that my camera are inactive in the arlo smart and can't  moved them into the active containier.

12 REPLIES 12
brh
Master
Master

@jpimentel75

Do you have a paid subscription, or are you on the basic plan?

Brian

jpimentel75
Aspirant
Aspirant

Paid service 

brh
Master
Master

@jpimentel75

Could be the latest app upgrade. Try logging in on your computer and see if you can make the changes there. Arlo released a new ios app today version 2.6.3 that seems to have fixed mosst of the Apple problems, but people are still waiting for an Android fix.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@jpimentel75

I also have the zones, but I don't think they work on battery or solar power. I think the cameras need to be plugged in with the power adapter to a power outlet. 

Brian

jpimentel75
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did notice an update this afternoon and applied it to my iOS device with the same problem happening. I’ve also tried it on my laptop with IE and Firefox and the arlo logo just  spins tryimg to active smart notifications .

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jpimentel75,

Have you tried rebooting your Base Station? Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

jpimentel75
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes..I tried numerous time rebooting and get the same behavior. 

brh
Master
Master

@JamesC

I am having a similar problem in that one of my cameras that I moved to inactive in the Smart Notifications section won't allow me to add it back. It seems to have something to do with the paid Arlo subscription plans.

I have rebooted my base and deleted and reinstalled the app, (ios 6.2.3).

Brian

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

How about the cameras (remove power, remove and reinsert batteries after a few minutes). Do you still have the same issue after rebooting the cameras?

JamesC

brh
Master
Master

@JamesC

Mine started when I changed the batteries in the camera and I could not update the image in the Activity Zone. I tried for a long time and finally removed the camera from the Smart Notifications hoping that might fix the problem when I added it back. The App gave me an amber banner saying that I did not have permissions to perform this action, although it let me to move it to Inactive with no problems. Went to the web client and when I try to move it there, I get the Arlo logo that says "Please Wait" and keeps trying indefinately. This was not happening before the latest ios update. Others say the latest Android app does not have this problem.???

Brian

jpimentel75
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just did what you requested and unfortunately more of the same.

jpimentel75
Aspirant
Aspirant

That’s texactly what’s happening to me. I think it might be on arlo end and not our system..Just notice phone support is included with subscriptions calling