Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
dhiller0217
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well, I had this happen back in September and never got a resolution, but now again today one of my custom modes disappeared. It is gone. Notification problems are bad enough, and I have plenty of issues with them, but this completely eliminates any amount of security these cameras are supposed to provide. If I didnt monitor it constantly, which no one should have to do, my cameras would have been completely disarmed until I noticed. The mode was part of my schedule, and the time slot it was in is now disarmed. I am having an overabundance of problems, and I am severely fed up with the whole system. I have had my system for two years and the majority of the issues I face have all come about midway through this year. Arlo, are you ever going to get it together? I am ready to chunk all 6 of my cameras in the trash and try to forget about wasting over $1,000 plus a subscription for this ridiculously awful "smart" app. Calling it smart is an effing joke.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I assume you veriofied that the mode is missing when using a browser? The apps seem to have an issue with modes, rules and schedule not being displayed properly. That said, I had to repair a couple of schedules recently although my modes were still intact. I always use a browser to set things up and to verify what the app seems to be displaying.

dhiller0217
Apprentice
Apprentice

@jguerdat wrote:

I assume you veriofied that the mode is missing when using a browser? The apps seem to have an issue with modes, rules and schedule not being displayed properly. That said, I had to repair a couple of schedules recently although my modes were still intact. I always use a browser to set things up and to verify what the app seems to be displaying.

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I actually set all my modes and schedule up in the browser version because of how little I trust the phone app.  Unfortunately, I noticed the mode was gone and schedule was messed up in my browser as well.  Then, I looked on my phone and saw the same thing.  Further to that, I noticed later after I made this post that ANOTHER mode I had running in the same schedule had several rules changed around and/or removed!  Seriously, WTF?  I've never used audio detection in my life, so it stuck out like a sore thumb when I noticed.  I swear this whole thing just decides to go completely haywire once in a while, and it has made me lose 100% trust.  No-one can sit around all day and constantly check on a browser that their camera system is working properly, and then spend hours pulling cameras down from often hard-to-reach places to reset / resync, which normally doesn't even help.  These things should be set it and forget it until you're notified that you need a battery change every so often, but that is not even REMOTELY close to what anyone is dealing with.  Anyway, sorry, it's hard to not get on here and start ranting these days.