Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Android Rich Notifications - Galaxy S9 - No still image

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dhiller0217
Apprentice
Apprentice

Are there other Android users, specifically running Android version 8.0, who cannot get Arlo Smart still images of activity to push through with rich notifications?  

What's happening is that I'll receive an alert that a "Person" was detected, for example.  When I click the down arrow on the notification on my lock screen, it's not showing the image preview, it's just giving me the E911 and siren options.  More interesting is that after I open my phone, get into the app, and go to the library for that specific activity, once the thumbnail loads, I'll usually get ANOTHER alert, and THEN I can down arrow on the notification and see the image preview as well as the E911 and siren buttons. Basically, it's not pushing the still image through until my phone physically "sees" it within the app first, which is completely defeating the purpose of having a rich notification.

Is anyone else experiencing this or have a solution?  I've changed app settings and phone settings multiple times to try to narrow it down to the app or my phone being the problem, but I am having no luck.  I have not contacted support because they are probably going to tell me to reset my system and resync all of my cameras and re-install the app. I've already done that.

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@dhiller0217,

What version of the Arlo Mobile App are you running?

dhiller0217
Apprentice
Apprentice