Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot record locally

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Opus1
Follower
Follower

Nowhere on the outside of the box did it tell me I couldn't record locally if I bought a smart camera. There were no regular cameras available at the Best Buy where I bought the original setup. I have been disappointed over and over again with Arlo products. Now I'm disappointed with their product support. I will never buy another Arlo product so long as I live. The cameras send me notifications but they don't record. It is supposed to use geofencing and the geofencing doesn't work it either doesn't recognize that I've left, or it doesn't recognize that I am home. I have often had to reset it several times before it would acknowledge that I was home with my phone. The cameras send me notifications that there's been motion detection but they don't record. I spent a half hour with customer support and found out that one of my cameras won't record locally at all. I am supposed to buy one of their expensive subscriptions in order to get recordings.

I repeat there was no notification on the outside of the box that I would have to buy a subscription in order to use the camera.

Arlo seems dishonest misleading and poorly engineered. I do not recommend ever buying anything from Arlo. I certainly won't ever buy anything from them again.

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey @Opus1 

Which camera is not recording locally to your Base Station?