Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
pmc086
Initiate
Initiate

I have a premier subsription supporting 12 cameras. I have 2 cameras. One is active, and one is deactivated as I hadn't installed it yet. I'm ready to activate it but when I try and move the camera from inactive to active in the app on my phone or in the web application, I get the below error:

"Your account does not support the addition of another device. Now's a great time to upgrade your account. Or you can remove one of your other devices"

image.png

Has anyone got a fix for this before I have to phone support? Pretty annoying bug...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ArloWatcher
Luminary
Luminary

@ShayneS 

I tried a bunch of things, but this worked

• Canceled Smart Plans
  • Removed all Cameras
  • Added 5 Pro cameras to smart hub
  • Added video doorbell to smart hub
  • Added Ultra Camera to smart hub

I now have 7 functioning cameras. Video doorbell is on a 3 month smart trail. Next I want to add a smart plan so my Ultra camera can record to the cloud. Add smart plan. Back to the beginning. I can only have 5 cameras again.  

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
pmc086
Initiate
Initiate

Edit: Has Arlo gone and changed plans before they expired? I definitely had two cameras active on this plan previously and believed I had up to 5 based on the marketing material when I bought the cameras (in October 2019). Now I can't have more than one (which is pretty useless when you're giving these subscriptions as part of 2 or 3 camera packs)?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

DaveDe
Initiate
Initiate

I have a premier subsription supporting 12 cameras. I have 2 cameras. One is active, and one is deactivated as I hadn't installed it yet. I'm ready to activate it but when I try and move the camera from inactive to active in the app on my phone or in the web application, I get the below error:

"Your account does not support the addition of another device. Now's a great time to upgrade your account. Or you can remove one of your other devices"

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure why you're getting that message but I'd just remove and resync the camera.

DaveDe
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks so much, it works

Klieser
Initiate
Initiate
I am paying $29.99 for arlo smart subscription plan which says I have 0 of 3 cameras participating. When I click manage cameras to add my 3 cameras it doesn't work. I click it and absolutely nothing happens. So I'm paying $30 for nothing? How can I add my cameras if it's not working on both the app and the website?
SAM21
Apprentice
Apprentice
Having the issues. Contacted Arlo support via web chat and they were unable to fix my problems. Suggested that I cancel my current plan and request a new plan subscription. I did not do that because it would put me under the new plan that only allows 5 cameras and not the 10 cameras plan I am currently paying for that doesn’t end until May 2020.
ArloWatcher
Luminary
Luminary

I'm also experiencing this problem. My problem started with me adding a smart hub to my system which was a base station. Now 2 of my Arlo Pro cameras are giving me this message when I try to get them to work with the base station. It shows only 5 of 7 cameras are connected so I still have 2 cameras left. The Smart Hub only has one Ultra camera connected. Couldn't get any of the Pro cameras to work with it, because I was getting the same error message.

Already just got back from Best Buy returning my Arlo Pro 3 camera for other problems. Come on Arlo, get your act together

ArloWatcher
Luminary
Luminary

I'm so confused sometimes when it comes to Arlo.

• What is this screen shot below trying to tell me?
  • Can I have 7 cameras with my old basic plan?
  • The "Arlo Front Doorbell" is still on it's 3 month trail software but I don't see that here
  • The "Front of the House" Ultra camera is on an Elite single camera plan but that doesn't show up here.
  • When I try to drop either of the inactive cameras "Patio" or "Cedar Tree" into the "Drop here to activate (2 cameras available)" I get the "Your account does not support the addition of another device. Now's a great time to upgrade your account. Or you can remove one of your other devices" message below.
  • Help Arlo. What software changes did you make.
  • I had my 5 Arlo PRO cameras working, plus my Doorbell, plus a PRO 3 camera just last Saturday

• Active cameras up to 7 with error.png
ArloWatcher
Luminary
Luminary

Can we get an update on this? It's been almost a month without a word.

ArloWatcher
Luminary
Luminary

@ShayneS   Can we get an update on this?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ArloWatcher

The issue is being worked on & I will have an update for the community soon. Thank you for your patience.

dmatt56
Star
Star
Will customers be given a free month of service while your developers troubleshoot the issue?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ArloWatcher

I am working with the team to resolve this issue. If possible, can you remove the basestation from your account > Perform a hard reset > Claim the Base Station > Re-add cameras > Test Active cameras again

ArloWatcher
Luminary
Luminary

@ShayneS 

I tried a bunch of things, but this worked

• Canceled Smart Plans
  • Removed all Cameras
  • Added 5 Pro cameras to smart hub
  • Added video doorbell to smart hub
  • Added Ultra Camera to smart hub

I now have 7 functioning cameras. Video doorbell is on a 3 month smart trail. Next I want to add a smart plan so my Ultra camera can record to the cloud. Add smart plan. Back to the beginning. I can only have 5 cameras again.