Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KCMeacham3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello all. We are new to Arlo and have been trying unsuccessfully to access our cameras fomr both phones at the same time. We have gone thru the "granting access" steps. But, if I am logged in and my wife tries to view the cameras...it logs me out, and visa versa.Is there a way we can both view cameras at the same time on our phones? This would be a big deal, but she sleeps during the day, and I do not know if she is aware of a camera motion alert. But...I also don't know if she is trying to access the camera while I am....and it is loggong her off.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kelly

P.S. Arlo requested a "label before I could post....the only choices I had were limited, and didn't apply to my question.

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The second user should use a guest account. The primary user should use Settings, Grant Access to the second user's email address. After carefully following the emailed directions both people can log in at the same time.

KCMeacham3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. We have tried that....5 times. It just will not allow both of us to access the cameras at the same time. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry to be thick but does that mean one is using the primary login and the other is using a granted access account? If so, I thought I remembered that the cameras could be live viewed at the same time but I could well be wrong on that. That would be the only simultaneous issue I can think of.

KCMeacham3
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am the primary account holder, and have granted access to my wifes andriod. She can view...but it logs me out when she does. Over the past two days, I have been getting messages stating that my cameras have "suddendly gone offline"...or that they have stopped streaming. These messages appear when I attempt to view the camera after a motion alert.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And to be clear, she's logging in with her credentials, not yours, right?

The offline issues I'm not sure of. Are you attempting to use live view?

KCMeacham3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, she is using her credentials. The offline issue has gotten to where it corrects itself in a few seconds....still aggravating though.

KCMeacham3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still unable to use nearly $400 worth of camera equipment with 2 phones. Trying the Wyze cameras. Got one in today...it'll allow both of us to view the camera at the same time.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And you get 10 second videos spaced 5 minutes apart. Not even close - I sold mine.