The original post was a year ago. I just installed my new system and have one camera in this situation. Calling support tomorrow. Hopefully there is an answer to this year old defect. Wish me luck.
And GOOD LUCK!!!
OK.... After over 45 minutes on the phone with support the problem was resolved. I'm not sure exactly what fixed it, but here is what we did.
In Settings - Subscription - Manage Cameras I dragged the inactive camera from Arlo Smart Premier to No Plan
Removed the device (inactive camera) within the Devices window
Disconnected the ethernet and power cables from the Base Unit for 20 seconds
Reconnected the ethernet cable and power cable to the base unit
Back in Devices I clicked Add Device to add/sync the camera back in
Added the camera. I did this from the MyArlo webpage after I logged in. (not sure how it would work from a smart phone)
The camera came back in with the same name I had given it and now is in the Active state, and I can manage smart notifications.
I'll post another thread about this, but the support guy said something about the Premier Plan I have is expiring and I was going to have to pay more for my six cameras. I explained that I paid for the Premeir Plan to get 10 cameras on, and the agreed cost was $9.95 a month. He insisted that the plan was expiring and I would have to move to a more expensive plan(s). I explained that I hope this isn't blatant Bait and Switch.
Hope this fixes for you.
Thank you again for taking the time to detail your support interactions. Very helpful and I’m sure it will be to others with the same problem.
Well, I got my issue fixed, but I did have to upgrade my plan again to whatever their newest offering of arlo smart is. I had previously tried changing my account from smart to basic and back to smart in May of 2019 and that did not fix it. After trying the last post of going into settings and managing cameras, that link didn't do anything. So in desperation, I click on the the change plan link again and changed my plan AGAIN to Arlo Elite - Single Camera (1). And magically it fixed my issue. So I feel like this is some type of bait and switch from Arlo 😞 But at this point it is working, with 0 help from Arlo support. If there was a better competitor on the market, I would drop Arlo in a heartbeat.
Arlo Mobile App
Arlo Q Series
Arlo Web and Mobile Apps
Before You Buy
Firmware Release Notes
Online and Mobile Apps
Service and Storage
Servicio y Almacenamiento