Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
hafeemo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I am having trouble activating the 1 year smart plan, I live in Japan.

I Purchased a system from the US (amazon) that came with a 1 year subscription free. Please help me!

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Thought the free yr was only an option in US.( or where purchased)

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

More specifically, it doesn't matter where you buy it. It does matter where you set it up.

hafeemo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, however some others who bought in US and set it up elsewhere were given coupens by Arlo to compenstate. spent 1000 USD including acessories, just diappointing... I am an Arlo user for last 5 year or so from their first product whihc has no issue in free recording. I decided to upgrade given there is a 1 year free before I purchase the paid subscription. is this community is the right forum to get Arlo's attention?

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@jguerdat wrote:

More specifically, it doesn't matter where you buy it. It does matter where you set it up.

That is not my experience.

I have an Arlo Ultra "bought" in the USA. It is set up in the UK. I will not activate a one-year account, regardless of how many tricks I try to persuade it to work.

Indeed, there are many messages around here reporting the same problem.

For some of us at least,  the free year is locked to where you bought the thing.

Then there are countries where there is no subscription service.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
hafeemo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Extremely disappointed, there were no clear statement that the 1 year free subscription will be provided where it was bought.
Of course after 1 year we all have no choice but to continue subscription, however Arlo could have done a better job of extending the services across the world for 1st year! We all pod a fortune to get this equipment. Worse experience to start! Any way I decided to subscribe to smart plan today, if not the whole setup is worthless and can not get the benefits of all the function.
This is a big screwup!
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@hafeemo wrote:
Extremely disappointed, there were no clear statement that the 1 year free subscription will be provided where it was bought.

Indeed.

Here is the official response from @JamesC, in the middle of a discussion about the same thing:

Solved: Re: Arlo Ultra - Smart Plan - Arlo Communities

The free 1 year plan is only claimable in the country in which the system was purchased.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@michaelkenward wrote:

@jguerdat wrote:

I have an Arlo Ultra "bought" in the USA. It is set up in the UK. I will not activate a one-year account, regardless of how many tricks I try to persuade it to work.

Confused. Isn't that what I said?

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@jguerdat wrote:

@michaelkenward wrote:

@jguerdat wrote:

Not obviously.

Just another user
hafeemo
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat wrote:

@michaelkenward wrote:

@jguerdat wrote:

Indeed... 😅