Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
KLW1
Follower
Follower

Can I leave 5 of my cameras with no subscription and just get one for the other 3 or do they all need to be under one?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure what you're asking but I think you have 5 cameras on an account and want to use 3 more. If so, use a second email address for a new account for the extra 3. Then use Settings, Grant Access from the new account to the original email address so all cameras show up in the original login.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

Not sure what you're asking but I think you have 5 cameras on an account and want to use 3 more. If so, use a second email address for a new account for the extra 3. Then use Settings, Grant Access from the new account to the original email address so all cameras show up in the original login.

This assumes two base stations (which is a good idea if you have 8 cameras anyway).

StayNSafe
Aspirant
Aspirant
No, they are all considered in 1 group. Or at least I could not figure out how to use cameras only at 1 location.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@StayNSafe wrote:
No, they are all considered in 1 group. Or at least I could not figure out how to use cameras only at 1 location.

What you do is 

• purchase a new base station
  • set up a second account that uses that base station
  • attach the three new cameras to the new base station.
  • Use grant access to allow both accounts to see all the cameras.

Or just purchase a subscription.