Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Nneka
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello. I recently purchases a doorbell and the Arlo Essential camera. My WIFI went out for a week, when it returned the cameras were offline and could not connect. I tried resetting them, and the other troubleshooting options. Nothing works. I removed the devices from the app in an attempt to add them back. But that didn't work and the cameras are not reading the QR coding or they do and it cannot find the cameras. I was in the middle of a free subscription promotion which was to end in May. That is now gone. I tried sign up in the app for a subscription but I cannot get a subscription without cameras and the cameras cannot be added. So you see the issue. Any advice would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nneka
Aspirant
Aspirant

UPDATE:

Issue resolved itself. I waited a few days and re-did the process. (All other troubleshooting was completed before without success eg: restarting modem, removing cameras from power source). The spotlight camera is plugged into the wall and not running on battery. After a few days, I attempted to reset to factory settings based on instructions from open sources. After resetting to factory settings, I tried to connect once more and it worked. Once re-connected, my subscription information re-appeared. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Dannybear
Master
Master
Have you tried rebooting the modem router?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are the batteries charged? WHen you connect the cameras again the free trial will pick back up - it's account-based.

When you reset, did you hold the Sync button for >15 seconds until the LED flashed amber?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera

Nneka
Aspirant
Aspirant

UPDATE:

Issue resolved itself. I waited a few days and re-did the process. (All other troubleshooting was completed before without success eg: restarting modem, removing cameras from power source). The spotlight camera is plugged into the wall and not running on battery. After a few days, I attempted to reset to factory settings based on instructions from open sources. After resetting to factory settings, I tried to connect once more and it worked. Once re-connected, my subscription information re-appeared. 

Moncho8
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem with two of my three camaras, I took out from my library and it don't link for activation.

Kimojanekaro
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have problème with my camera ,activation, library
Snowlake70
Aspirant
Aspirant
My cameras a of them will record in the library but I can't see the videos. They are buffing and spinning. Also I can't select the activity zone it is spinning as well as the video settings is spinning
Ladibug8521
Aspirant
Aspirant