Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras going offline from 5 feet away

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jonlivi
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base station goes off line when I walk more then 5 foot away with camera

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jonlivi wrote:

My base station goes off line when I walk more then 5 foot away with camera

Did you mean to say that the camera goes offline?

What model camera and base do you have?

Do you have other cameras?  If so, are they working ok?

Jonlivi
Aspirant
Aspirant

ARLO pro three, is my camera with spot light base station 4500 as soon as I add my camera and walk more then 5 feet away it goes off line , I also have a floodlight pro three it was doing the same thing but I just wireless connect it to my router and it’s great 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jonlivi wrote:

ARLO pro three, is my camera with spot light base station 4500 as soon as I add my camera and walk more then 5 feet away it goes off line , I also have a floodlight pro three it was doing the same thing but I just wireless connect it to my router and it’s great 

The base station itself is connected to the internet via ethernet, so I am thinking the base remains on-line.

The camera on the other hand connects to the base over a closed wifi network, and the camera will go off line if you move far enough from the base.

It sounds like your 4500 is defective, since two different cameras are losing their connection at short range (5 feet), and you've already ruled out a wifi problem in the floodlight.  Are any cameras connecting to it from further away?

Is this a new purchase?