Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo iOS app ‘session expired’

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Marktol
Follower
Follower

Hi,

I have an Arlo Smart Home with 2 cameras. Being predominantly home based I don’t open the arlo app very often on my phone as when I’m out it is only triggered when someone comes - I use the geofencing mode.

what I’ve realised is periodically the geofencing stops working or I will open the app for some reason and it pops up session has expired and makes me log in again. This seems to be what’s preventing the geofencing from working but of course it doesn’t tell you when the session has expired to know to go and re-login again. This is very annoying and means the cameras often aren’t armed when I want them to be. I can’t find a setting anywhere to switch off session expiry. Anyone know how I can do this? There is no point in automating the cameras arming themselves if you can’t be confident as to if it’s done it or not.! 

thanks

mark

1 REPLY 1
Dannybear
Master
Master

As far as I know the app session expiry, usually every 14 days, is compulsory, regardless of how many times you login to arlo.

To be certain your property is secure, suggest you manually set your mode when you leave and enter your property.