Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
KPatla
Tutor
Tutor

Who else is having billing problems with Arlo!?  I'm preparing to launch a campaign to determine if this is class-action level unfair business practice/billing/fraud.  I have been dealing with Arlo for approx 6 months when we added 2 add'l cameras roughly Aug 2019.  I then paid for 1 year in advance (approx $100).  I continued to be billed $2.99/month & tried to resolve it via chat/email & phone calls without success.  The only way to stop it was to cancel the card that was being billed.  Then when the card could not be charged $2.99 - Arlo canceled my plan & some of my cameras were not functional - remind you  - I had paid for 1 year in advance.   When I called to have this resolved (approx early Jan 2020) - finally with one call phone everything seemed to be resolved.  They confirmed I paid for 1 year, updated my subscription plan, advised me I had approx 5-6 months credit & would not be billed until that ran out.  Well.. here we are 1 month later.. and I just received an $11.48 charge on my card - AND THEY REMOVED ONE OF MY DEVICES FROM SERVICE!  I'm currently back on the phone with them again.. at this moment.. going on 28 minutes.. 2 transfers and they want to create another "case" for me to look into it.    I do not understand how this company can charge me monthly - when I'm paid for a year in advance.  Plus, I never even asked for a reimbursement of the $3/mo they billed me that they shouldn't.  If I did not watch my charges, I wonder how long they would have improperly & fraudulently billed me.   Multiply this by hundreds, if not thousand of other customers.. and how much is Arlo bringing in fraudulently each month?   and here I am now at 38 minutes on today's phone call with Arlo.. on a Saturday morning..  only to be asked for ...  yet again,  ANOTHER screenShot of my charges so they can create a case & review it.  

11 REPLIES 11
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @KPatla

Has this issue been resolved?

KPatla
Tutor
Tutor

No it has not.  Arlo still owes me $55 and now is telling me that I have to go to the bank that issued my original credit card that was billed (that is no longer a valid card) and ask the bank to reopen my card/account so you can refund me.  This is ridiculous.  I have spent at least 2 - 3 hours on the phone, on hold, email, etc.. and still Arlo can not figure this out.  But you were able to tell me by way of a recent my case would be closed in 3 days I did not respond.  Which - I've contacted Arlso several times this week.... and it seems that a new case gets created.  I'm currently on hold again  - so far fo 5 minutes - but i'm the 6th person in the que.. so I can not imagine this is going to be a quick call.   

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @KPatla

I have escalated this issue & my L3 Support team will be contacting you as soon as possible. Please keep me informed & I will be here to assist. 

AMorris
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is anybody else being billed for services that don't exist.  I have been trying since July 2019 to get Arlo to stop billing our company AMEX.  I was assigned a ticket number and it's been a game of hide and seek ever since.

AMorris
Aspirant
Aspirant

I opened a ticket in July 2019 to get them stop billing our AMEX but can't get any help!!!!

AMorris
Aspirant
Aspirant

I opened a ticket in July 2019 to get Arlo to stop billing our corporate AMEX but can't get any help.  Can you please help?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @AMorris

Do you have the case number pertaining this issue?

AMorris
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is so frustrating.  I have a new ticket open (41682884) and hopefully will get this resolved.  Thank you for responding.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@AMorris

I have escalated this issue for you. Your new escalations case number is 41683023. Someone from the escalations team will be reaching out to you as soon as possible.

AMorris
Aspirant
Aspirant

I haven't heard from anybody from the new ticket.   41683023

KPatla
Tutor
Tutor

I did reach out to 2 attorneys.  Sadly, Arlo is not subject to Class Action lawsuit - based on the agreement we sign/accept when we sign up with them.  Disputes are resolved thru arbitration.   So - lesson learned, be ready to cancel a credit card in order to stop them from billing you. and be prepared to spend hours with no results on the phone when you call them. 

***UPDATE - I did just get 3 $11.48 credits on my card....... which is interesting as it is my new monthly billed amount.. and only $34 of the $50 something they owe - but better than nothing.  And that was done w/out any notice..