Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 36 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
underdog2003
Star
Star
I have my Arlo pro 2 filter set to persons alert, and when it actually detects a person and alerts me, the video of the incident is nowhere to be found. However, the snapshot indicating the capture of the video is present on my devices display but when I look in the library there is no actual video. Other motion videos are storing just fine. Anyone having a similar issue? Any remedies?
36 REPLIES 36
DoriJC
Luminary
Luminary

I chnaged my time to 30 seconds and still only get a screen capture and no video.   

MrA2u1
Apprentice
Apprentice

It is amazing how this is still an issue. I just went out to get the mail. I received person notifications on my front door and driveway cams including a still from the driveway (person highlighted) but the only files saved are the front door alerts and no driveway videos.

Screenshot_20180811-132736.pngScreenshot_20180811-132757.png

MrA2u1
Apprentice
Apprentice

A little more info from today.

Received a few notifications with nothing saved to the cloud for today the 12th. I just triggered the driveway cam and got a person detected notification. There is nothing saved on the cloud for today but there are numorous vidoes including the last person detected metioned saved to the local thumbdrive. This have been the issues and very inconsistent as i do get some videos saved to the cloud.

Screenshot_20180812-165319.pngScreenshot_20180812-165525.pngScreenshot (7).png

b1o3o
Apprentice
Apprentice
Already missed my deadline to return to Best Buy for refund. Now I’m stuck with this setup that doesn’t record anything. Only good for LIVE VIEW. What are our options for return/rerund?

Should’ve gotten a RING
bhankiii
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just competed an email survey about why I canceled Arlo Smart.  I referenced this thread.  Hopefully there is someone out there reading it.

bhankiii
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo claims to have fixed this problem.  Can anyone in this thread verify that?

MrA2u1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Not for me. Had a person alert at 10:01 on Driveway and 10:03 at front door this morning. Only frontdoor is saved to cloud. I checked my thumbdrive and both videos are there??? I have screenshots if needed for Arlo to investigate....  😞

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

MrA2u1,

Is the video present when you check the web client?

lawson1911
Initiate
Initiate
MrA2u1
Apprentice
Apprentice

It's not on the phone client or the web (PC ). 

Received a person alert on my phone for Driveway cam at 10:01.

more recent, i just came home at 3:45pm. received a person detected on driveway alert on the phone but when i went into the library, it is listed as a motion and not a person.Screenshot_20180921-155419.pngScreenshot_20180921-155437.png

Lavzona
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too have this same issue that has many posts about person detection sending alerts but no video recording showing up. I just upgraded to Arlo Smart and regretting it after reviewing the problems posted on this forum. Prior to upgrading to Arlo Smart, motion detection and recordings worked consistantly. I have double checked and triple checked all settings with the new Smart upgrade as suggested in all the community posts, but no luck. Very frustrating and time comsuming for a paid feature that doesn't work as advertised.  

dogeatdog
Guide
Guide

Same issue here, thankfully I am using the trial and will cancel and not renew.