Arlo app feed bug

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Aashishkebab
Apprentice
Apprentice

On Android, when you open the app and click on a video on the feed, it does this annoying stupid crappy "swipe" preview where it slides to the side and back to "show me" that I can swipe to view other videos. 

Then it actually opens the next video INSTEAD OF THE VIDEO I CLICKED ON. This bug has been present for years and is extremely, extremely annoying. 

Not to mention, when I try to go back to the feed to click on the video I want, it takes me to a completely random position in the feed. 

I've said this every time and I'll say it again. Arlo is the worst product stack from any company in any product category that I've ever used in my entire life.

5 REPLIES 5
Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

This happens for me, too, but when I reported it on here, mods are saying/implying all's good (or something to that effect). This only happens when you have cloud recordings and thankfully, I no longer do. 

This is probably at the bottom of the priority list for Arlo because they have more pressing matters to address, for example a non working Pro 5, or periodic firmware updates that negatively affect a user or two.

'The show must go on', as Queen sang...

Aashishkebab
Apprentice
Apprentice

As if they address anything, ever.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Aashishkebab 

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I was able to reproduce this and I notified my the team. I will report back here as soon as I have more info. 

Aashishkebab
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm certain nothing will be done, considering this bug (and dozens of other major bugs) have been consistently reproducible for many years. 

Worst product in any product category from any company that I've ever used.

Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

I'll second all that.

What one gets instead is more issues. 

For example, why selecting the cross to stop the video playing from local storage doesn't actually stop the video from playing? Instead, one has to press the stop button. 

Discontent amongst users is high.