Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Jeremyjt
Guide
Guide

The app is crashing on my iOS device. Anyone else

153 REPLIES 153
OkanC
Guide
Guide

@selami_y: Thanks, just tried it, but doesn't work. I keep logged in on my browser (Notebook). Before that I updated my iPhone to 14.01 (iPhone XS). The problem still exists.

LR1755
Aspirant
Aspirant

That doesn't work on an iPhone 11.  The Arlo App is useless!

Dm_Vm
Tutor
Tutor

I did the same thing (logged on via pc first) and then the phone and it worked.  The only difference was, before trying my phone, I deleted ALL of my saved recordings.  There were a ton.  Took a few minutes, but then my app worked.  I figure all of the notifications may have something to do with it.

OkanC
Guide
Guide

@Dm_Vm : Seemed to be a good idea, but it doesn't work, too. The app always shows a notification, even after I deleted all the recordings as you proposed, and crashes after starting it. I don't know what to do further.... buy a new system (not Arlo)?

JosephT
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Dm_Vm That's a great idea! it worked for me. Thanks.

OkanC
Guide
Guide

I tried it again... doesn' work... @Dm_Vm : What did you do in detail? Just deleted all the recorded videos or what else, when you mean the "notifications"? Thank you for your help.

JosephT
Aspirant
Aspirant

@OkanC this is what I did

1/ Log in Arlo account on PC

2/ Delete ALL recordings 

3/ Install Arlo app on iphone and open it

It worked for me. Good luck!!!

Mjohnson2020
Guide
Guide
Didn’t work work for me 😞
OkanC
Guide
Guide

@JosephT : Thank's a lot, but it doesn't work for me, too. But it may be an idea for Arlo's app developers where there's the issue. I wonder that a notification is shown after I installed the app (nearly 20 times in the last two weeks) and starting it. But then it immediately crashes.

Dm_Vm
Tutor
Tutor

(in detail) I turned off all notifications, location access, etc. in settings, then logged onto my account via PC, and manually deleted all recordings by date.  Took a few minutes, but there were no recordings left.  (I had previously noticed a ton of recording notifications in the app, but couldn't access or delete in the app.  Next, while still logged on, opened the app on my phone, and it logged me out of the pc account, but the app worked.  Seems to still be working as well.

LR1755
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you let us know if this is working on a iPhone 11 with iOS 14?  I tried your recommendations and its still not working for me.  Thanks

Dm_Vm
Tutor
Tutor

@LR1755 LR1755 (Aspirant)

I have the iPhone 11 and am currently running iOS version 14.0. 

Styles2366
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still doing it for me as well. No change have tried everything people have and nothings works
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We want to update everyone that the development team is aware about this issue and is working their best to fix the issue. We'll be sure to provide any new information or update when we hear back from the development team.

Adeline12
Aspirant
Aspirant
My app on Iphone X is continually crashing and will not open. I have uninstalled and re installed multiple times as well as restarting my phone multiple times as well. My camera’s are working and recording but i can access them at all from the app. I have the latest update for the iphone as well as the most recent app installed.
Dood
Apprentice
Apprentice

Similar but slightly different problem on my iPhone 8.

If I open Arlo app it will work okay the first time. But the next time I open the app (if I have switched to another app for a bit) then the Arlo app will open but freeze. The app remains frozen until I close the Arlo app (double-click home button, then swipe up). The app will then work fine, until I switch to another app - next time I return to Arlo app it is frozen again. 

As with others, this started around the time of the iOS and Arlo app updates.

benbonnell
Aspirant
Aspirant

This exact issue is not happening to me.  I try to load the app and it crashes after 2 or 3 seconds!   i have the latest Arlo App Ver and i also have the latest IOS Ver 14.0.1.  I am so frustrated.  My Arlo system is now useless.

Adeline12
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am still experiencing this issue even with all updates
Adeline12
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still have the same issue. My arlo camera’s are useless. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with “support” today and she told me there was nothing she could do. Very frustrating.
Amanda848
Initiate
Initiate
My app for Apple keeps crashing. I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled the app. It keeps crashing it tries to log me in then it immediately crashes. I have the current App and recent apple update. My phone is an 11 pro max. My other family member is not having this problem same phone. Please help I need to monitor my kids.
Mjohnson2020
Guide
Guide
This is ridiculous!!! Fix the problem !!!
spayne77
Aspirant
Aspirant
After updating iPhone 11 to new iOS 14, Arlo app flashes but will not stay open. Arlo app required two step verification then crashed. Can’t access the app at all. Uninstalled and reinstalled app, still won’t open. Is Arlo app compatible with the new iOS version?
Sportt
Aspirant
Aspirant

The APP still crashed immediately upon startup.  I have 6 cameras.  I have reinstalled the APP several times on my iphone11 pro max and ipad.  Both devices are using the lastest ios.  Please help!

OkanC
Guide
Guide

Still the same with me (from iOS 13.6x to 13.7 to 14.0 and now 14.01, the latest app doesn't work. I also tried what proposed here, but nothing work. So the cameras are useless for me, too. It is unbelievable, that Arlo cannot fix this problem since one month. Obviously Arlo has no iOS programmers anymore...

mdelcerro
Aspirant
Aspirant

I finally got my Arlo app to stop closing right after I open it. As soon as the app opens, quickly hit the Mode icon and wait a few seconds; when yI was able to go to devices and view my cameras.