Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Jeremyjt
Guide
Guide

The app is crashing on my iOS device. Anyone else

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OkanC
Guide
Guide

Yahooo!!! The issue of the immediate app crash on iOS devices has been solved with Arlo App 2.21!!! @arlo-team: Congratulations for solving the problem. I hope it will work fine now in the future. Thanks a lot!

View solution in original post

153 REPLIES 153
StewartSF
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo App on iPhone X keeps crashing right after opening the App and now unusable. iOS been updated yesterday and so did the App. Deleted the App, complete shut down and restarted the iPhone, and then reinstall the app didn’t help.
aryehs
Aspirant
Aspirant
Happening to us as well after iOS update. App opens, we see our Arlo devices trying to load. Then it crashes.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi everyone,

Can you answer the following questions below?

• What iOS device do you have?
  • What iOS version are you running?
  • What Arlo app version are you running?
  • Is this happening on both WiFi and/or cellular data?
  • Have you tried rebooting your iOS device to see if that helps?
Jeremyjt
Guide
Guide
Hello
Apple iPhone XR
iOS 13.6.1
Arlo app version 2.19
Occurs on both cellular and WiFi
I deleted the app, reinstalled, rebooted the Apple device, rebooted the base station, reset the home WiFi - nothing works. This started happening after the most recent updates to both iOS and Arlo app, which happened in close proximity to each other.
ThePickle
Tutor
Tutor
I’ve truly not had any issues with crashing on my device, which is odd given my Pro 3 system w/ Smart has been an utter disaster in pretty much every other way; including my first paid subscription (as of this past Tuesday), randomly vanishing, leaving me to again pay for Smart + CVR, for the second time this week (with emails to prove it). Anyways, I’ll get back on topic...

No instances of app crashes:
iPhone 11 Pro
iOS 14.0 Developer Beta 5
Used w/ both wifi and cellular
2.19 (990)

iPad Pro 12.9” (2020)
iPadOS 14.0 Developer Beta 5
Used w/ both wifi and cellular
2.19 (990)
nefertiti007
Star
Star

I have noticed the same thing too..  Randomly says your arlo hub / cameras are offline, keeps connecting and disconnecting the app. shows me random old videos. shows 36+ unseen videos /recordings when i have seen them all

---
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JessicaP,

I have been having trouble with the mobile app for quite some while. It's sporadic, but relatively frequent. It was crashed on my device this morning. I performed a "Power Off & Restart". It seemed to work, but was crashed again next time I checked it. I turned the phone off, and then manually back on. It has been working again since.

My device is an LG Stylo4. Android version 8.1.0, June 01, 2020 patch level. I don't have *any* apps on it that didn't ship with it. Location is OFF. Facehole is disabled. I use it as a phone, I use txt messaging, and I browse the internet using Chrome. All the rest is idle. All the time.

Perhaps interestingly, my GF's iOS phone was also crashed this morning, and a power cycle fixed that too.

We have agreed to start sharing notes on when this happens. If it is random cross the two devices, then it's the app. If it is not, then it is ARLO. I bought this system because I was having security issues. If it doesn't work, I'd like all my money back. I work in the aviation biz, testing software to DO-178C specs. I wrote a flight simulation / test for a radar that ran for 1000 continuous hours on Windows7. I wish ARLO app would run for 1000 hours . . .

I have a solution: Fix it, and then stop dorking with it. That's how we do it on the aircraft.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Jeremyjt,

Thanks for that information. Could you also let me know when the crash exactly happens on your iPhone XR?

Hi nefertiti007,

Is this happening on the web client on your computer as well?

Hi ---,

What Arlo app version are you running on your LG Stylo4 and your girlfriend's iOS phone? And what iOS version is she running on her iOS phone?

Jeremyjt
Guide
Guide
As soon as I try to start the app and connect to the cameras, it crashes after about 2-3 seconds. The cameras all show disconnected or offline; however I know they are not offline because I’m still getting push notifications on motion alerts.
nefertiti007
Star
Star
Hi All,

I managed to resolve mine by deleting the app and reinstalling it.

I am on iPhone Xs ios 13.6.1
Jeremyjt
Guide
Guide
I just tried deleting the app again, resetting the phone and reinstalling the app. That did not work for me. App still crashing.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Jeremyjt
Guide
Guide
I have a support ticket filed under #41881033. I have not heard back from them yet.
nefertiti007
Star
Star

APP version 2.19.1 (992) just got released on 19/08/20 and i got it today here in NZ

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Jeremyjt,

I've escalated your case to the support team and they should reach out to your case via email.

SoyBoy26
Star
Star

Hi Jessica - Just FYI I commented in a separate thread that the mobile app has been borderline unusable for me as well. Also iOS 13.6.1.  Takes forever to load, crashes frequently, etc. Started in the last couple weeks with both Arlo app and iOS updates, similar to the issues described earlier in this thread.

Jeremyjt
Guide
Guide
App still crashing and not useable on my device. I have not heard from support yet.
Tamkin
Guide
Guide
I have the latest Apple IOS and I cannot open the Arlo App on my phone. When I click on the App it crashes. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
dcfox1
Master
Master

Did you update again to 2.19.2 that was just released? This is the second release in the last couple days. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi SoyBoy26 and Jeremyjt,

We recently released a new Arlo iOS app update, which is version 2.19.2. Try updating the Arlo app to the latest version and see if that helps. You can also read the latest version here: Arlo iOS App - 2.19.2 - 26th August 2020

Jeremyjit,

If you're still experiencing the crash on your device, do let me know and I can escalate your case again for you.

Tamkin
Guide
Guide
I did but the app still crashes.
dcfox1
Master
Master

Ok, It works fine here but seems to still be a problem with others though, not sure why for some and not others. You can try removing the app and reinstall it if you have not. 

Jeremyjt
Guide
Guide
I tried it. Still not working
aryehs
Aspirant
Aspirant
Issue is still happening here as well even after updating to the latest app. Same exact experience as Jeremyjt. The latest app update has also seemed to make issues worse on other iOS devices (that we did not update to the latest iOS update to avoid the crash) where our Arlo Baby is stuck in a Connecting... state. How can we escalate this issue?