Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Smart in the UAE

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Ammar99
Tutor
Tutor

I boought Arlo Ultra. I'm now disappointed that there is no Arlo Smart plan available in UAE (and I cannot use the 1-year free plan). Without this service, my purchase is considered a downgrad from the previous old Arlo system I had! 

Please let me know when this service is going to be available in the UAE. I cannot depend on micro SD to record videos. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's an FAQ here with the countries that can get subscriptions. Your old Arlo system has exactly the same restrictions as the new one - nothing has changed there. The Ultra has the issue of no cloud recording without subscription which wasn't present before but the subscription issue is the same. We've been promised a software update that allows us to see SD card recordings without unmounting it from the hub, maybe Q3.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's an FAQ here with the countries that can get subscriptions. Your old Arlo system has exactly the same restrictions as the new one - nothing has changed there. The Ultra has the issue of no cloud recording without subscription which wasn't present before but the subscription issue is the same. We've been promised a software update that allows us to see SD card recordings without unmounting it from the hub, maybe Q3.

Ammar99
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks. I did not have to subscribe when I used the old one for video recording. This is why it is more important now with the Ultra. 

Mohamed_UAE
Initiate
Initiate
I have the same issue, I bought Arlo Ultra but I can't subscribe! Also I can't record using SD card! If anyone face the same issue with SD card please let me know to solve it
willyd81
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same issue.  I have been using the Arlo Pro camera's for years with the free 7 day storage and just purchased the Ultra 4 camera pack as an upgrade.  Since I can't get a subsription in UAE the Ultra camera's are basically useless if I can't review the recordings online.

Also for anyone also looking to buy the Arlo doorbell for use in the UAE note I have not been able to get it to work.  Arlo Ultra and Arlo doorbell, useless in the UAE and anywhere that a subscription is not possible.