Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
RichR
Star
Star

*** Rewriting the whole post again since it did not get posted the first time ***

Hi,

I have an Arlo Pro covering my front yard and driveway plus part of the street. There is a car in my driveway and one parked in the street right in front of the house.

I wanted to receive notifications only when a person enters my yard or driveway but not walking on the sidewalk or the street. However, I still want to record everything that's happening in front of the camera especially near my car without notifications.

When I setup activity zones for my lawn and driveway, it nofities me when someone enters the house but will not record any activities outside those zones.

Is there a way to setup the zones only for notifications while still having the recording triggered by motion everywhere?

Thanks,

Richard.

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RichR,

It sounds like you may want to consider not apply activity zones at all (so all activity is captured) and enabling notifications for People only. Take a look here for instructions on how this can be done: How do I enable the Arlo Smart person detection feature?

JamesC

RichR
Star
Star

@JamesC,

Thanks for the reply. A setup with no activity zones and notifications only for people is the way I have most of my cameras setup because they only cover my yard. For this front camera, if I enable notifications for people without zones, I will be notified for each person walking by on the sidewalk or the street. That's why I was hoping to find an option to use the zones only for the person notifications.

Thanks,

Richard.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RichR,

Currently, these two features won't interact in the way you're describing. We're always enhancing and improving these features however, so this may become possible in the future.

JamesC

RichR
Star
Star

@JamesC,

Well, I won't whole my breath 🙂 but thanks for letting me know.

Richard.

Kingbetsy555
Aspirant
Aspirant
Does Arlo send out software updates on existing devices?
RichR
Star
Star

Not sure that's the best thread for this question but yes, Arlo sends firmware updates to existing devices when needed.