Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Marado96
Follower
Follower

I'm trying the free 30 days arlo smart service, all cameras are setup, but they still detect cars going by . I only have the person detection on

6 REPLIES 6
lrperry
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue.  I have tried activity zones but often get no alert or recording then even when people are within the activity zones

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

- Marado96,

Is your camera set in a high traffic area? is it possible to adjust the angle and test again?

- lrperry,

Where is your camera located? do you have it inside facing outside through a window?

MikeN81
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem, I only want person detection and i had "others" turned off.  Yet I still get cars, it labels them right so I'm not sure what the problem is.  Support told me to remove the device but I thought this was a cloud feature.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is part of an enhancement to Arlo Smart in the latest release. Make sure you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app downloaded and installed and you will be able to make additional selections for motion detection notifications. Take a look at the release notes here: Arlo iOS App - 2.6.2 - 21st November 2018

JamesC

MikeN81
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you. Looks like it releases today. I’ll try it
Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same issue here. Infuriating that nothing ever works with Arlo. Also what’s happened to the the buttons you could press to take a capture of what camera is seeing so you can rearrange the zones