Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Smart Purchased For Arlo Pro 2 Cams in Australia, NO Notifications or Emails being received!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
VoodooHelo1
Star
Star

Get notification yesterday that Arlo Smart was now available in Australia, yay!! As I have been a longtime user with 4 Pro 2s & 1 Pro I log into my account & sign straight up to the yearly Arlo Smart Premier. Account switches straight over to Smart & off I go setting it up.

What on earth have I done, I now get NO notifications on any camera anymore to either my email or phone, certainly NO "Smart" notifications, nothing! Everything was working fine before I upgraded to Smart so I know its not my system.

I have checked all my settings for each camera & modes, including the new Smart settings section, tried with zones active & zones removed, rebooted the entire Arlo system & still nothing!! What am I missing here??

I can see when logged in through the web browser that individual cameras are picking up movement as both the movement indicator & hard drive light flicker Orange but nothing is recorded in the Library, no notification of recording available on either camera & no notifications are being sent to my email or phone???

Ring for Arlo Support...you are 39th in the queue, Hahaha, stuff that for a joke!!

Arlo Community experts, please help me with your suggestions & or tips on a fix.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
brh
Master
Master

@VoodooHelo1

This may be a dumb question, but did you go to Settings > Manage Arlo Smart and move all the cameras from the Inactave section to the Active section?

Brian

VoodooHelo1
Star
Star

Thanks for the reply Brian.

Yes, all cameras were in the Active section by default. I did notice later on when you go into each camera settings there was an "Arlo Smart" tab but when clicked on did nothing! Tried that on the other 4 cams & was the same result, nothing.

I've actually now given up on Arlo Smart after going through all settings one last time without any success with it still not working then checking phone support to find I was 44th in the queue, that was the final straw! Cancelled my Smart subscription online & went straight back to Basic. At least I now have full operation back of my system again. Arlo needs to really pull their finger out & deal with all these issues & crap updates whilst taking a look at their LACK of Customer Service!!

Cheers