Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
bmgoodman
Apprentice
Apprentice

I currently have 6 cameras and a legacy "Arlo Smart Premiere" subscription (up to 10 cameras).  I want to add another Arlo Pro 2 cam and replace my Arlo Hub with one that supports local storage in case of Internet outages.  If I get a new hub and move all my cameras to it (total of 7 cams), will I still be able to use my legacy "Arlo Smart Premiere" sub, or will it force me to one of the newer, more expensive subs?

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bmgoodman wrote:

I currently have 6 cameras and a legacy "Arlo Smart Premiere" subscription (up to 10 cameras).  I want to add another Arlo Pro 2 cam and replace my Arlo Hub with one that supports local storage in case of Internet outages.  If I get a new hub and move all my cameras to it (total of 7 cams), will I still be able to use my legacy "Arlo Smart Premiere" sub, or will it force me to one of the newer, more expensive subs?

Smart Subscriptions are tied to your account, not the specific base.  So you can migrate the cameras to a new base w/o losing your subscription.

Though if something were to go wrong, they might suggest that you cancel/renew (which could raise your costs).  One option is to deploy both bases in the beginning (with only the 7th camera on the new one).  If that adds correctly, you can try removing the other cameras one by one, and then add them back to the new base.

bmgoodman
Apprentice
Apprentice

So when the Arlo FAQ says, "Yes. You can keep your existing legacy Arlo Smart plan. However, if you cancel or make changes to your plan, you are not able to return to the legacy plan."  Changing the hub or adding a camera does NOT constitute a change to my plan?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bmgoodman wrote:

Changing the hub or adding a camera does NOT constitute a change to my plan?

No, as long as you stay within the camera limit for your current plan.

bmgoodman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks!  I moved all my cams to the new hub.  Now, is there a way to move all my custom modes from the old hub to the new one?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey bmgoodman,

You will need to create your custom modes again on the new Base Station/SmartHub.

bmgoodman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yuck.  What a nuisance when I'm just trying to replace a bad hub.  Having to set up *all* the tweaks for all the cams/modes again is NOT fun.