Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
ChrisNZ
Follower
Follower
Does anyone know when/if the smart detection features (people etc) will be available outside of the US/in NZ? Doesnt seem like something that needs to be country restricted?
7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Smart is currently only available in the US. When it becomes available in other areas, an announcement will be made. I do not currently have information on when it will be available outside the US.

JamesC

shancake
Guide
Guide

Seems ridiculous that you could charge people outside of the US for this service. It doesn't say anywhere within the app that it's not available outside of te US. 

Aspirant
Aspirant
Still no support outside US? What is the possible hold back?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Privacy and/or other legal issues?

Trichomes
Tutor
Tutor

someone correct me, but I think you will find Arlo Smart is working in Europe, US and beyond, I am in France and with the latest update my Arlo system is for the first time working perfectly. I have the smart account whatever it is called.

If you do make the upgrade, I would suggest if it does not work straight away, reset your whole system and start again, it seems there are updates and upgrades which only work properly when the system, cameras etc are all restarted, and in severe cases reset completely.

shoot me if I'm wrong.

Best

shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary

Feel your pain ChrisNZ.

I am in NZ too.I am still being charged for a service that does not work. And can not cancel the payment. My system shows I have no subscriptions. 3 months this has been going on for.

Almost time for some bad TV coverage I feel. We have a consumers gaurentee in this country, and this is not meeting it.

My patience are running out.

shancake
Guide
Guide

It looks like Arlo Smart is finally working in Australia after today's update. I'm getting Person v Animal notifications through the app now.